Final build need some opinion from you guys!

So i finally got money to build my first streaming pc and i came up with this build problem is people say that an i7-6700k is way more better than an i5-6600k for streaming should i save more money for an i7? Btw Im planning on streaming league of legends and some overwatch.

PC Parts:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($236.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($112.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($44.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB AMP! Edition Video Card  ($264.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $844.19

Solid build. I would only changed the psu to a 650W

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Solid build. I would only changed the psu to a 650W

is the 550w not enough?

LoL and Overwatch nearly take nothing to run.

the i7 would help, but without it you should be okay.

Why a single 8 GB stick? I would get another to go dual channel and double your memory capacity.

Add a 120GB or 250GB SSD to that list, use it as a boot drive.

The power supply is fine.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, SaylorTwift1196 said:

is the 550w not enough?

It is but I always give myself more power than I need because I usually OC my stuff near the end of their cycle.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, Slottr said:

LoL and Overwatch nearly take nothing to run.

the i7 would help, but even without it you should be okay.

Why a single 8 GB stick? I would get another to go dual channel and double your memory capacity.

Add a 120GB or 250GB SSD to that list, use it as a boot drive.

The power supply is fine.

so a double memory stick and a 120gb ssd will help? will Kingston SSDNow V300 a good ssd?

PSU is fine, 500W is enough. I would try for another 8Gb (Not needed, just nice to have) of ram and a SSD. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

It is but I always give myself more power than I need because I usually OC my stuff near the end of their cycle.

oh i see so if im planning ocing my 6600k i need to switch between 600w to 650w? and is my cooler great for ocing?

oh i see so if im planning ocing my 6600k i need to switch between 600w to 650w? and is my cooler great for ocing?

212 evo is good for ocing... I'm not sure how heavy of an OC it can take but look up reviews, there's plenty. If you plan to OC it's better to have a psu that gives you wiggle room. That's why the rx480 was taking extra power from the pcie slot, but any gpu will do that if your psu can't supply it with enough power.

1 minute ago, SaylorTwift1196 said:

As I said, 550W is fine even if you plan to OC (That build wont draw more than about 350W-400W from the wall). Hyper 212 will give you a decent OC (Won't be amazing, but good value for cheap). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Thanks for your guys help if i earn enough from streaming should i upgrade to i7 better psu and cooler?

6 minutes ago, SaylorTwift1196 said:

so a double memory stick and a 120gb ssd will help? will Kingston SSDNow V300 a good ssd?

Its alright yes, but there are faster drives than that like the 850 evo and such.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Thanks for your guys help if i earn enough from streaming should i upgrade to i7 better psu and cooler?

The i7, cooler upgrade and power supply upgrade wont cost you as much in the future if you do want to get better ones.

2 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

As I said, 550W is fine even if you plan to OC (That build wont draw more than about 350W-400W from the wall). Hyper 212 will give you a decent OC (Won't be amazing, but good value for cheap). 

I wouldn't OC on a 550W if my typical draw without the OC is 350W-400W.... My typical power draw is around that and I don't have any of my stuff oc'd as yet.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Its alright yes, but there are faster drives than that like the 850 evo and such.

How about a cheap 250gb ssd from adata? is adata a good ssd maker?

OK solid build but a few tweaks here and there wouldn't hurt.

First, purchase 2x8Gb sticks of memmory for a total of 16Gb, it should be more than enough, if you stream in high quality 8 Gb may be a little limited if you multitask as well.

Next put an SSD in there it will change you man, 128Gb of any known brand should be enough, but if you can spent a little more purchase a higher capacity it will be less expaensive in the future, i made that mistake and i regret it. Here is my personal best value/performance http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820228143 , not the fastest or the best but cetainly more than adequate enough, and sport a 2Tb Drive instead off one, same logic as above, less expensive in the long run.

PSU 550WATT is enough but a 650Watt and some fully modular ones  are great if you go for a clean esay look, wouldnnt hurt but it's your choice.

CPU wise i would go for the 6700K but its a matter of budget, if it were wetween the CPU or SSD, I Would Go With The SSD.

The rest if the build is pretty solid, but dont hope to game or stream more than 1080p, hope i helped.

How about a cheap 250gb ssd from adata? is adata a good ssd maker?

Seen some in some tech channels vids but I have a 275 gb ssd from crucial.

Wait for Kaby Lake. 7600K is a Killer at $249

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

1 minute ago, JamieOlive said:

OK solid build but a few tweaks here and there wouldn't hurt.

First, purchase 2x8Gb sticks of memmory for a total of 16Gb, it should be more than enough, if you stream in high quality 8 Gb may be a little limited if you multitask as well.

Next put an SSD in there it will change you man, 128Gb of any known brand should be enough, but if you can spent a little more purchase a higher capacity it will be less expaensive in the future, i made that mistake and i regret it. Here is my personal best value/performance http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820228143 , not the fastest or the best but cetainly more than adequate enough, and sport a 2Tb Drive instead off one, same logic as above, less expensive in the long run.

PSU 550WATT is enough but a 650Watt and some fully modular ones  are great if you go for a clean esay look, wouldnnt hurt but it's your choice.

CPU wise i would go for the 6700K but its a matter of budget, if it were wetween the CPU or SSD, I Would Go With The SSD.

The rest if the build is pretty solid, but dont hope to game or stream more than 1080p, hope i helped.

Yup im not planning on streaming at 1080 just want to hit 720 at 30fps i guess. And the ssd that you recommend i think its not available here in the Philippines.

5 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Seen some in some tech channels vids but I have a 275 gb ssd from crucial.

yeah i see kyle from BitWit use it for some cheap pc build i think ill go with an adata.

yeah i see kyle from BitWit use it for some cheap pc build i think ill go with an adata.

Keep forgetting he changed the channel's name to that xD

Yup im not planning on streaming at 1080 just want to hit 720 at 30fps i guess. And the ssd that you recommend i think its not available here in the Philippines.

Yeah then more than enough, if you plan to do just that, even your build is mopre than adequate enough to run those, and some head room with the GPU that you chose. :ph34r::P

The Kingston V300 is a shite ssd, trust me, i've had lots of experiences with it. It failes much more often than other SSD's. Any other SSD should be good. Also, i'd upgrade the cooler to a h7 cryorig but hey that's just me. Adata is good.

3 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

The Kingston V300 is a shite ssd, trust me, i've had lots of experiences with it. It failes much more often than other SSD's. Any other SSD should be good. Also, i'd upgrade the cooler to a h7 cryorig but hey that's just me. Adata is good.

What ssd would you recommend? is an Adata ssd a good one?

What ssd would you recommend? is an Adata ssd a good one?

Adata is good

Edit: Any ssd should be good, just make sure the read and write speeds are around 500 and read some reviews on it ^^

Edited by MrAwesomepants