I need GPU

jabi

Procssor: intel core i5 2500

motherboard: pegatron 2ab5

ram: 7gb

hard drive: 5gggb sata

ps: arecool rave 500W

What graphics card can you suggest to my pc? I'm a gamer. Is there anything i can upgrade? Thankyou!!!

Do you have a budget?

Although all your other components are pretty good, your power supply kind of limits you to either newer cards or lower end cards.

I'm no expert, and you may actually be fine, but it's possible that a higher-end card from a few generations ago might be too much for a 500w power supply.

also, I'm curious as to why you have 7gb of ram. They usually come in multiples of 2 or 4.

13 minutes ago, Vexing said:

Do you have a budget?

Although all your other components are pretty good, your power supply kind of limits you to either newer cards or lower end cards.

I'm no expert, and you may actually be fine, but it's possible that a higher-end card from a few generations ago might be too much for a 500w power supply.

also, I'm curious as to why you have 7gb of ram. They usually come in multiples of 2 or 4.

For the RAM, its probably mix and match. 3 2GB sticks and a 1GB stick gets that and its Sandy bridge so single channel RAM was fine. 

As for the PSU, as long as it has at least 2 6pin PCIe connectors hes probably fine. 

29 minutes ago, jabi said:

Procssor: intel core i5 2500

motherboard: pegatron 2ab5

ram: 7gb

hard drive: 5gggb sata

ps: arecool rave 500W

What graphics card can you suggest to my pc? I'm a gamer. Is there anything i can upgrade? Thankyou!!!

What is your budget? For around $200US you could get a GTX 1060 3GB and be set to go. 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that motherboard is an OEM board for HP or Dell...? Not 100% sure, but Most OEM boards since UEFI would chip lock them, meaning you can only put certain CPUs in even if they were the same socket. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

57 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

For the RAM, its probably mix and match. 3 2GB sticks and a 1GB stick gets that and its Sandy bridge so single channel RAM was fine. 

As for the PSU, as long as it has at least 2 6pin PCIe connectors hes probably fine. 

What is your budget? For around $200US you could get a GTX 1060 3GB and be set to go. 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that motherboard is an OEM board for HP or Dell...? Not 100% sure, but Most OEM boards since UEFI would chip lock them, meaning you can only put certain CPUs in even if they were the same socket. 

the 290x can draw up to 295w under load, so I was just being safe, really. I'm sure most cards will be fine.

10 hours ago, Brink2Three said:

The motherboard is HP 

10 hours ago, Vexing said:

Do you have a budget?

i upgraded may RAM and bought 4gb of ram thats why i have 7gb of RAM

Thankyou for all your reply's! :D Hope I can buy the graphics card that allow my computer to max sa settings of my games because while playing CSGO my only fps is around 30-40 its so lag even though my ping is low. Thankyou again! :D

2 hours ago, jabi said:

Thankyou for all your reply's! :D Hope I can buy the graphics card that allow my computer to max sa settings of my games because while playing CSGO my only fps is around 30-40 its so lag even though my ping is low. Thankyou again! :D

Is all you play CSGO? You don't need that powerful of a card if thats all. A GTX 760 would do fine at 1080p. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

2 hours ago, jabi said:

get a 1050ti

On 11/3/2016 at 1:08 AM, Brink2Three said:

Is all you play CSGO? You don't need that powerful of a card if thats all. A GTX 760 would do fine at 1080p. 

csgo and dota 2 sir

CS:GO and Dota 2 at 1080p High/Ultra 60fps can be accomplished with an RX 460. This is the best modern price to performance GPU out right now that does not need an extra power coupling. Since I surely don't trust your power supply at its rating, I think this would be a great option for you.

Literally right at $100 flat with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125897

36 minutes ago, bkro37 said:

CS:GO and Dota 2 at 1080p High/Ultra 60fps can be accomplished with an RX 460. This is the best modern price to performance GPU out right now that does not need an extra power coupling. Since I surely don't trust your power supply at its rating, I think this would be a great option for you.

Literally right at $100 flat with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125897

Thankyou sir! I think i will go for my graphics card first before I change my power supply because i dont have any graphics card at all haha

17 hours ago, jabi said:

Thankyou sir! I think i will go for my graphics card first before I change my power supply because i dont have any graphics card at all haha

No problem! Yeah, I'd look into updating that power supply as soon as you can. But that card shouldn't stress it at all.

11 hours ago, bkro37 said:

No problem! Yeah, I'd look into updating that power supply as soon as you can. But that card shouldn't stress it at all.

how about a graphics card that can max my settings of my csgo and dota only?

20 hours ago, jabi said:

how about a graphics card that can max my settings of my csgo and dota only?

The RX460 I linked should do the trick. Should be able to max those games out no problem. It's now just $95, which is an INCREDIBLE deal.

39 minutes ago, bkro37 said:

The RX460 I linked should do the trick. Should be able to max those games out no problem. It's now just $95, which is an INCREDIBLE deal.

Thankyou sir! Is that the chepaest graphics card you can suggest for my concern? 

21 hours ago, jabi said:

Thankyou sir! Is that the chepaest graphics card you can suggest for my concern? 

I mean, you could try to find like an old HD 7000 series or an old gtx 700 series on eBay, but if you actually want modern drivers, DX12 support, and any future-proof-ness at ALL, then yes, this is your best bet.

On 11/7/2016 at 3:07 PM, bkro37 said:

I mean, you could try to find like an old HD 7000 series or an old gtx 700 series on eBay, but if you actually want modern drivers, DX12 support, and any future-proof-ness at ALL, then yes, this is your best bet.

Thankyou again sir!