Build guide / cable management guide

andrevautour

I recently rebuilt my personal system. I filmed this video as I was doing it. I marked each topic with a time stamp in the description of the video, so you can easily find each specific topic.

Here are a couple of sample images from the finished build.

8552627022_293f900878_b.jpg

8551519321_c676b40113_b.jpg

I've never seen those attachable cable tie mounts before. Just bought some for myself. :)

Also, the Noctuas look abnormally natural in that build. Nice job with that.

I've never seen those attachable cable tie mounts before. Just bought some for myself. :) Also' date=' the Noctuas look abnormally natural in that build. Nice job with that. [/quote']

They definitely are very useful! I'd also like to see some more built in anchor points in cases.

Thank you! I love Noctua and earthy colors.

Damn, so clean. I fiddle with my comp too much to bother making it that immaculate, but it's still decent. I've got the 650D too, so good for cable management, but a few more tie down points would be nice.

Damn' date=' so clean. I fiddle with my comp too much to bother making it that immaculate, but it's still decent. I've got the 650D too, so good for cable management, but a few more tie down points would be nice.[/quote']

Thank you! I agree and i would like slightly larger anchor loops too.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job.

I have used those mounts alot in my job. You also get smaller ones, about half the size.

But found these through youtube build video: http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/bundler-4-uv-blue/

They should have them in black too. They're great for individualy sleeved cables. They got a lot of other types too.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

That is very very tidy. Very good job. I agree them Noctua's look so good.

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

Great job. I have used those mounts alot in my job. You also get smaller ones' date=' about half the size. But found these through youtube build video: [url']http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/bundler-4-uv-blue/ They should have them in black too. They're great for individualy sleeved cables. They got a lot of other types too.

Yes half the size would be perfect! I didn't see the smaller ones in the store I was at, though.

That is some tight cable management' date=' looks very clean! Great job![/quote']
Wow!! Very clean job.
That is very very tidy. Very good job. I agree them Noctua's look so good.

Thank you guys! I agree I love the Noctua color scene along with the Sabertooth/Corsair C70 etc. I was recently having a look at the In Win D Frame and I saw it built up with the In Win Desert Fox. I wouldn't use an In Win PSU personally, but I think the desert fox looks amazing! http://www.inwin-style.com/pd_info.php?id=272&iw_lanid=0

My newest video is talking about some of the In Win cases that I have really liked recently like the D frame and H frame and some other comments about In Win cases: http://youtu.be/Y0Ky583iWiI

Oh god, my 650d looks horrible compared to this... i should probebly remove the blue extension cables they take up so much space and i cent see them through the LED strips

post-12028-13667862221466_thumb.png

post-12028-13667862221466_thumb.png

Oh god, my 650d looks horrible compared to this... i should probebly remove the blue extension cables they take up so much space and i cent see them through the LED strips
I hear you. I never was a huge fan of the extensions for that reason. I like individuality sleeved cables though but I prefer the pre-done kits like the corsair kit (i wish they would do a kit that was sleeved with cloth sleeve instead of the crappy nylon that corsair uses)

wow, i just rebuilt my computer in a new case, and mine isn't nearly that clean......, but i have a ton more cables being used though.....

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

But you don't have anything to manage?? Kinda defeats the purpose of a guide don't you think, when there's nothing really in it. Not trying to be rude, just my personal opinion. My hubby has a build with more wires stuffed in it than you can imagine, and you can barely see any of the cables. THAT is cable management.

• 2 weeks later...
But you don't have anything to manage?? Kinda defeats the purpose of a guide don't you think, when there's nothing really in it. Not trying to be rude, just my personal opinion. My hubby has a build with more wires stuffed in it than you can imagine, and you can barely see any of the cables. THAT is cable management.
good for your husband

never really cared about the cable management at the back of the motherboard imo as long as the part you can see or the parts that can obstruct airflow are clean its good but it is nice and organized for when u have to do any work on it ;)

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

Silverstone now has that stupidly good sleeved cables kit for one of their power supplies. I think it is time to do a ridiculous silverstone build!

Current Main: Corsair 550D, Corsair h100, Gigabye 990fx UD3, Geforce GTX 670 4gb FTW Edition, 16gb Corsair vengeance 1600mhz, Diablotek 775 Watt Active PSU, 2x Seagate Barracuda 3tb 7200rpm, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD, ASUS 16x optical drive, AverMedia AverTV capture card, 2x Noctua NF-F12, 3 Corsair AF quiet series.

Beautiful build man, LOVE all the msi parts. What amd card is that though and do you like it? I've been thinking about getting the msi 7950 but it is only twin frozr 3 where as the 660ti is twin frozr 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen the back of a build look so clean. Nice job. I will have to work on mine to get it up to par.

Damn need cabels :-D

Great job.

I have used those mounts alot in my job. You also get smaller ones, about half the size.

But found these through youtube build video: http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/bundler-4-uv-blue/

They should have them in black too. They're great for individualy sleeved cables. They got a lot of other types too.

Might have been these you were thinking of> http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/bundler-mount-4-black/ Saw these on a "Singularity Computers" build. I'm going to be using these in all my builds.