What do I want for christmas?

waggythegeek

Yes I'm aware its only november first, but my family likes to plan ahead. Looking for something to ask for this christmas, a small upgrade to my computer, just something to make it feel that little bit more premium. I already have LED's. Was thinking maybe fan controller, but needs to be internal/software controlled or PCI controlled because I have no external drive slots. Maybe a CPU cooler, still rocking Intel stock... case is corsair carbide air 240 for height clearance reference. Or anything else you guys have found to be nice to have in your system that is similar in price to what I have mentioned above. Any ideas?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Just now, waggythegeek said:

Yes I'm aware its only november first, but my family likes to plan ahead. Looking for something to ask for this christmas, a small upgrade to my computer, just something to make it feel that little bit more premium. I already have LED's. Was thinking maybe fan controller, but needs to be internal/software controlled or PCI controlled because I have no external drive slots. Maybe a CPU cooler, still rocking Intel stock... case is corsair carbide air 240 for height clearance reference. Or anything else you guys have found to be nice to have in your system that is similar in price to what I have mentioned above. Any ideas?

What price?

4 minutes ago, waggythegeek said:

I7 6950x, GTX Titan XP SLI, 128GB DDR4, definitly a 1500 watt+ PSU, Full custom water cooling loop, you know, the little things

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Unexas. said:

What price?

Probably peaking at 50, shooting towards more 20-30

EDIT: USD

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

3 minutes ago, waggythegeek said:

but being serious, find the weakest link in your system and upgrade that, it could be a keyboard, cooler, HDD, what ever is holding it back the most. 

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

but being serious, find the weakest link in your system and upgrade that, it could be a keyboard, cooler, HDD, what ever is holding it back the most. 

In my price range, that would be the CPU cooler. Will a hyper 212 of some sort fit in my case? or is there a smaller cooler you reccomend? can it match my blue/black color scheme?

2 minutes ago, waggythegeek said:

In my price range, that would be the CPU cooler. Will a hyper 212 of some sort fit in my case? or is there a smaller cooler you reccomend? can it match my blue/black color scheme?

corsairs website says the max height for a cpu cooler is 120mm while the 212 evos height is 159mm, so no, but something like a corsair H55 or more modern one is a good cheapy AIO, but for low profile air cooling, http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html one of those should be good, 

Yours faithfully