ASUS PB287Q VS ASUS MG28UQ

bakwan

hey guys, I am having trouble deciding between these two monitors. Keep in mind I will not be doing any professional work, only gaming. Only reason i am getting a 4k monitor is because i want to game at 4k with my gtx 1080.

They are both 4k 60hz with display port 1.2, both have 1ms response time, both are supposedly 10 bit color. Only major diff i see is the MG28UQ is newer and has freesync, I wont be able to use freesync due to my gtx 1080, but ive herd you can use enable fast sync, but i am sure i can do that with the PB287q aswell right? the MG28Uq obviously being a newer model with some extra features does make it kind of the obvious choice, but the PB287q is cheaper and usually goes down to 450$ quite often (I am Canadian).

Right now the PB287q is 569$ and the MG28UQ is 599$, the pb287q does go on sale a lot, and the mg28uq hasn't changed abit since it came out.

So my main concern is should i just save about 150$ and get the pb287q when it goes on sale? Same goes for MG28uq, if that goes on sale coming black Friday cyber Monday etc should i just get that? Basically just pick the cheapest one, or go for the MG28uq regardless?

I would love any personally opinions on what you guys would do and advice, thanks!

16 minutes ago, bakwan said:

but ive herd you can use enable fast sync, but i am sure i can do that with the PB287q aswell right?

Nvidia-Fast-Sync is monitor-independent and can be used with any display.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I'd suggest seeing which goes on sale, and how much of a sale each goes on at Black Friday and depending on the prices you can decide if the price difference is worth going for either or