Monitor for £900 build

mcraftax

What monitor would you suggest for a build at £900 (the £900 includes the monitor).

I think i would want to go ultra wide but i'm not sure.

Other questions:

What resolution and refresh rates should i be looking at? 1080p60, 1080p144/120 or 1440p60

And around what size?

Thanks,

Max

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

27" or so for size(if thats a thing for ultrawide) and 1080p 60Hz or 120Hz depending on the games you play

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

27" or so for size(if thats a thing for ultrawide) and 1080p 60Hz or 120Hz depending on the games you play

Thanks,

Is there a particular monitor you would suggest for bother 16:9 and ultra wide?

Thanks

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I dont even play heavy fps games but i still recommend 120/144hz panels 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

I wouldn't suggest an ultrawide with your budget. You'll only be able to get a 25" or 29" panel and those are 2560x1080 and honestly I find it doesn't look good. I feel that Ultra Wide isn't worth it unless you have a 3440x1440 panel at 34". 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

@Bananasplit_00 @xephoneration @mbryant How much of £900 build (including monitor) would you put towards the monitor?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

14 minutes ago, mcraftax said:

Thanks,

Is there a particular monitor you would suggest for bother 16:9 and ultra wide?

Thanks

1 minute ago, mcraftax said:

@Bananasplit_00 @xephoneration @mbryant How much of £900 build (including monitor) would you put towards the monitor?

maybe $140 or so, depends tbh. cant recoment a specific one seeing as im pretty terible at whats on the market lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

22 hours ago, mcraftax said:

Im going to be the black sheep and say close to 150-200. like the Acer GN246HL 24.0" 144Hz Monitor, it goes on sale quite frequently. Though there is a debate between better picture quality (ips) and faster frame rates (TN). Coming from IPS panels to TN panels. IPS panels are very lovely, and TN panels cannot match the picture quality that an IPS can give. Though after playing GTA V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, and war thunder over 100fps it is a total game changer since everything is much more smoother plus I still retain a excellent picture quality but not as near as good as an IPS. I would say if you want pure eye candy and essentially be stuck at 60hz go for it there is nothing wrong with that, and if you want to experience high frames with a slightly, but very slightly, less picture quality go for that too. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

18 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

Im going to be the black sheep and say close to 150-200. like the Acer GN246HL 24.0" 144Hz Monitor, it goes on sale quite frequently. Though there is a debate between better picture quality (ips) and faster frame rates (TN). Coming from IPS panels to TN panels. IPS panels are very lovely, and TN panels cannot match the picture quality that an IPS can give. Though after playing GTA V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim Special Edition, and war thunder over 100fps it is a total game changer since everything is much more smoother plus I still retain a excellent picture quality but not as near as good as an IPS. I would say if you want pure eye candy and essentially be stuck at 60hz go for it there is nothing wrong with that, and if you want to experience high frames with a slightly, but very slightly, less picture quality go for that too. 

I have this monitor and its amazing

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB