Want to overclock monitor but i get a error saying input signal out of range

Link70dx
16 minutes ago, Link70dx said:

does the manufacturer block the OC?

How is the monitor connected?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

4 minutes ago, Link70dx said:

DVI

Try going with HDMI or DP

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

5 minutes ago, Link70dx said:

DVI

How far are you trying to overclock. You have to remember not all monitors can overclock.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I'm not getting any black screens at the refresh rate I wanna put it at but the problem is that the monitor starts giving me a 'input signal out range' its not coming from the OS its coming from the actual monitor settings

4 minutes ago, Link70dx said:

I'm not getting any black screens at the refresh rate I wanna put it at but the problem is that the monitor starts giving me a 'input signal out range' its not coming from the OS its coming from the actual monitor settings

Some monitors will actively look at the refresh rate and not display signals outside of the range that is software encoded into them. I have two 27" displays that use the same panel but different input boards one will not display anything over 60Hz giving me a similar message however my other display will overclock to 90Hz no problem.  Given the info above I would say that you can not overclock your display.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

You can check to see if there is a firmware update for the display but I found that that was near impossible to find (at least for my korean display). If you have a popular model of display you might get lucky and find an updated firmware that removes the restriction however I would be somewhat hesitant in performing such an update.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

some monitors just dont overclock. not even by 1 hz! chances are you have one :)

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb