percentage of how much I should spend on each of my pc parts?

nzpancakes

Hello LTT community! I wanted to know how much I should spend on each of my pc parts, like percentage wise. I know I should spend around 20% on my cpu and 20% on my gpu, but is that even right? Should I spend my or less on those? And how much should I use for my other parts? my budget is $1015. Thanks!

My build is going to be used for mainly gamming on games such as: arma 3,csgo,flight sim x, space engineers, and besiege.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vR9PzM

Usually the gpu will be anywhere from 20-40% of your budget, the cpu should be good around 20-30%. Or you can just post your budget and use case and have the forum members build it for you.

The correct parts to get aren't dependent on a ratio of prices and there's no correct answer to your question.

Which parts you should get will depend on what the system is used for, what parts are available, their respective prices, and your budget. 

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Your built its so messy.

1.Power Supply is overkill and a bad quality one though not that bad but i prefer evga g2 550watt than nec series.

2.Are u sure u are going to use K cpu with Z170 mobo? because if u wont overclock anything and only install 1 cpu and 1 gpu all u need is intel b150 Motherboard.

For me its 30% on Cpu and 40% On Gpu.

z170 motherboards are easier and better for overclocking, and i am also going to be getting an unlocked cpu so that will make it easier to overclock the cpu by a lot, also the reason I got the overkill power supply is because it was the same price as a lower priced one and it was fully modular so I was like "cool" .

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The correct parts to get aren't dependent on a ratio of prices and there's no correct answer to your question.

Which parts you should get will depend on what the system is used for, what parts are available, their respective prices, and your budget. 

Really?

Cos I was told that people should spend twice as much on their GPU as their CPU.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thanks for the reply! I added those notes to my topic, and thanks for moving it to the right place.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Really?

Cos I was told that people should spend twice as much on their GPU as their CPU.

Prices aren't static. 

If you have a $300 i7, getting a $600 1080 wouldn't be any better than a $300 1080. 

In the case of a renderbox for example, spending any significant amount of the gpu might be a complete waste of money. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Okay NO.2 is addressed.

antec edge 550w is fully modular,super flower leadex 550w is fully modular and both has LED things just for show.
and they are far more better.

too bad you already purchased it.

What LED things are you talking about? Nvm, you were talking about the fan, But thats also $20 more dollars.

1 hour ago, Thread212 said:

Antec edge has white led on the fans and leadex has white led in the cable socket..if u plug your power cable to the psu it will light up lol

Can you change the cable sockets to be red?