memory_management BSOD

rickbruno99

I'm having some trouble with this BSOD i had it once when i updated from windows 7 (wich was working perfectly) to windows 10. Then the problem started to happen, it was really random, i couldnt predict when it would happen the pc just showed the blue screen error and shutted down. then i was able to fix it by using memory diagnostic tool and the sfc /scannow on cmd. now i recently updated to windows aniversary update and the problem was back again and the same way, i tried the same way i did last time nothing worked. So i was just asking if i could eventually try to help me (the pc i have is a laptop).

thx 

Run chkdsk /r and /f off of a bootable Windows disc or flash drive (Windows PE or the Windows setup). If that does not work, then that means there is a program on your computer causeing the problem (eg. skype, vmware, or a feature in windows).

A few minuets in Austin Evans has the same issue. Try moving your ram to different slot or remove sticks until you find the faulty one. Worst case is a stick is dead.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

14 hours ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Run chkdsk /r and /f off of a bootable Windows disc or flash drive (Windows PE or the Windows setup). If that does not work, then that means there is a program on your computer causeing the problem (eg. skype, vmware, or a feature in windows).

i tried chkdsk /f and /r and no error as apeared. how could skype be causing this if that was the case? im going to try going back to the last version of windows 10 like you said could be a new feature of windows. 

thx

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

A few minuets in Austin Evans has the same issue. Try moving your ram to different slot or remove sticks until you find the faulty one. Worst case is a stick is dead.

i remenber seeing that on scrapyard wars but my laptop doesnt have more than two ram slots so i couldnt try that, but thanks anyway.

5 minutes ago, rickbruno99 said:

i tried chkdsk /f and /r and no error as apeared. how could skype be causing this if that was the case? im going to try going back to the last version of windows 10 like you said could be a new feature of windows. 

thx

i cant go back to the last version of windows cause it has passed more than 10 days to do that ....

2 hours ago, rickbruno99 said:

i remenber seeing that on scrapyard wars but my laptop doesnt have more than two ram slots so i couldnt try that, but thanks anyway.

You can still take a stick of ram out leaving one in, if it blue screens then try the other stick. It may be a bad ram slot, I had that with my mac.

1 minute ago, fixitnow said:

You can still take a stick of ram out leaving one in, if it blue screens then try the other stick. It may be a bad ram slot, I had that with my mac.

Ok i can try live some hours with 2gb of ram ok i will give it a try thanks 

39 minutes ago, rickbruno99 said:

Ok i can try live some hours with 2gb of ram ok i will give it a try thanks 

No problem. When you find the bad stick you can order a new one. If you have time though you could run memtest but it could take a while.

1 minute ago, fixitnow said:

No problem. When you find the bad stick you can order a new one. If you have time though you could run memtest but it could take a while.

I think ordering a new onewill be a pain cause it's ddr2 I guess 

3 hours ago, fixitnow said:

Sorry i didn't mentioned it was DDR2-SDRAM 800 MHz clock but thanks (I don't mind being second hand if it works). I will try to do the memtest too. 

Ram could also be the problem, but it is very unlikely (unless physical damage has occurred with the exception of static electricity).    

@rickbruno99

14 hours ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

Ram could also be the problem, but it is very unlikely (unless physical damage has occurred with the exception of static electricity).    

@rickbruno99

No these did not suffer from any physical damaged I think it is a corrupted file that happened during the update, but now I did check disk / f and / r separately and then did sfc /scannow and now it shows no violations have been found (cause before it said windows had found some but could not solve them) if no bsod happens in the next days problem solved thanks guys for all the help