Best way to learn C++ (if you are an absolute beginner)

jewishdolphins
Go to solution Solved by Xanthe_2871,
1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

I've done a little of python. But not enough to say that I am proficient with it. I have barley done any programming in my life. I am currently a freshman in college and I eventually might switch to software engineering. But before I do, I would like to dig deep into coding and know what it's like before I make any decisions. 

What is the best way to learn C++? just got an Arduino Uno kit and as far as I see, most of the coding on there is a slightly modified version of C++

Anyone have any recommendations as to what video, article, book, or whatever could be best use to me if I am an ABSOLUTE beginner and want to learn C++ as my first language? Also, please be respectful as to what language I am choosing. I know a lot of people who would reply to this saying "DONT DO C++, DO PYTHON FIRST". I have my reasons and just want to start with C++. It's a very applicable language as far as what I see and plus I just bought this Arduino kit and I am not going to spend my time learning python since Arduino doesn't really support it.

Linda.com? I'm not sure if they have C++ but I tried their Photoshop classes and they were great.

I've done a little of python. But not enough to say that I am proficient with it. I have barley done any programming in my life. I am currently a freshman in college and I eventually might switch to software engineering. But before I do, I would like to dig deep into coding and know what it's like before I make any decisions. 

What is the best way to learn C++? just got an Arduino Uno kit and as far as I see, most of the coding on there is a slightly modified version of C++

Anyone have any recommendations as to what video, article, book, or whatever could be best use to me if I am an ABSOLUTE beginner and want to learn C++ as my first language? Also, please be respectful as to what language I am choosing. I know a lot of people who would reply to this saying "DONT DO C++, DO PYTHON FIRST". I have my reasons and just want to start with C++. It's a very applicable language as far as what I see and plus I just bought this Arduino kit and I am not going to spend my time learning python since Arduino doesn't really support it.

1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

Linda.com? I'm not sure if they have C++ but I tried their Photoshop classes and they were great.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Looks pretty promising. I'll take a look at these videos tomorrow. Never really used Lynda but my college gives us free subscriptions for it and Linus also advertises it. Looks pretty sweet and stupid proof so far.

Just now, jewishdolphins said:

Looks pretty promising. I'll take a look at these videos tomorrow. Never really used Lynda but my college gives us free subscriptions for it and Linus also advertises it. Looks pretty sweet and stupid proof so far.

I'll admit I'm cheap, I used multiple free trials and never paid, but I can attest to it's greatness. Linda is awesome. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

9 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Thanks to Linus of advertising it I guess. At least their ad is useful somewhere

Reffering to OP questions there are lots of info on C++ out there you can find

Tutorials point has an online compiler and also provide you with basic guide for c++

c++ is a pretty good option, I would say it's second best after python.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020