Mechanical keyboard with strange form factor

kelvinhall05

I was wondering, are there any mechanical keyboards (mx brown or blue) that have the same form factor as the apple wireless bluetooth keyboards? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I was wondering, are there any mechanical keyboards (mx brown or blue) that have the same form factor as the apple wireless bluetooth keyboards? Thanks!

Yes there are. Look for 60% keyboards. They're actually very common

1313px-ANSI_Keyboard_Layout_Diagram_with

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

do you mean a keyboard with a command button and the function, ctrl, alt buttons in the sam locations as a apple keyboard? I don't know but I'm following this thread in case someone does. DAS keyboard has apple keyboards but they're not as slim as the apple bluetooth

http://shop.daskeyboard.com/products/professional-for-mac

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

That's a non-standard layout, but it's pretty close to a 60% keyboard in a pretty rare layout called a 65%. Some 65% boards have extra arrow keys added in, but the three standard layouts that you'll find most often as seen in the image a few posts above this one are 100%, 80%, 60%. Here's a link about 65% boards.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

8 hours ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

That's a non-standard layout, but it's pretty close to a 60% keyboard in a pretty rare layout called a 65%. Some 65% boards have extra arrow keys added in, but the three standard layouts that you'll find most often as seen in the image a few posts above this one are 100%, 80%, 60%. Here's a link about 65% boards.

I REALLY like the whitefox keyboard, know where I could get it and for how much?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I REALLY like the whitefox keyboard, know where I could get it and for how much?

I don't believe it's currently available, but looking at this link there are two answers concerning the availability date:

» Where can I buy one?

The WhiteFox pre order took place in December 2015. Approximately 1300 units were sold. A new batch started in July 2016

and

» Will I be able to buy the WhiteFox again in the near future?

My educated guess is that it will take no less than 6 months and production is another 3-4 months. So we are probably talking Q4 2016

so it could be available soon, but I would bet more on q1 2017 than q4 2016 and after that there will probably be a pretty long assembly/shipping delay.As for where to buy it, I think massdrop would probably be the best place to check availability, though it seems to also be available here which could be better as massdrop doesn't have the best track record with shipping times and such. If you're going with mx browns, I suggest going with zealio switches instead (if you're up to building the board or they're available prebuilt this time. They've got the better bump of mx clears and are smoother than cherry switches, but are only about as heavy as mx browns. If not, gateron switches are generally considered smoother than cherry ones (also, cheaper. They're the bomb). It might take a while until the board is available, even longer before it arrives, and it is around $200, so fair warning, but  the white fox is considered one of the best small board out there so I hope you enjoy it (or whatever else you go with).

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

They have 61-key keyboards, they do lack the ESC/F-key row and the arrows, but pretty close. The CODE (white LED backlight, no RGB) is in stock in Browns and Blues (there's also Clear and Green). The custom non-backlit keyboard is currently out of stock apparently, but you can get the barebones board and then just make your own custom keycap set. If you go that route, it's $145 versus the $140 of the one that's out of stock, but it's still not bad.

I just ordered the 104-key CODE with Clears, it should be here Friday. I'm going to be getting a custom keycap set, but apparently you need to let the Clears 'set' for a few weeks or you can break them when you change the caps (as per Logan/Tek Syndicate's review).

2 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

they do lack the ESC/F-key row and the arrows

But I want all those things, but full size keyboards are too big. What about tenkeyless boards? Are those pretty small?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

But I want all those things, but full size keyboards are too big. What about tenkeyless boards? Are those pretty small?

Indeed they are. Just imagine a 'standard'/104-key with the num pad chopped off.

49 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Indeed they are. Just imagine a 'standard'/104-key with the num pad chopped off.

xD how did I not think of them before? Anyways, could you recommend a keyboard with cherry mx browns, rgb or white backlighting, and tenkeyless? Thanks!

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

15 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

xD how did I not think of them before? Anyways, could you recommend a keyboard with cherry mx browns, rgb or white backlighting, and tenkeyless? Thanks!

That WASD Keyboards site has them as well, I just had linked you to the smaller 61-key ones (http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard.html Look for the 87-key ones). The 10-keyless/87-key keyboards are a lot more common, Corsair has several, Cooler Master has the CM Storm line; the hard part seems to be finding the one with the Browns, most are either Reds or Blues.