Nintendo Switch Event Jan 12th

The only thing I want to know is the battery life of the portable portion. Not really expecting much though tbh.

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I disagree: They need more 3rd party support in fact. Like I am in the market for a tablet but I wouldn't switch to the switch if I don't have basic to robust tablet functionality: I want my browsing, basic social media apps, ebook reader,etc.

If I can do all that and play Skyrim, to me a new Mario it's just an added bonus. A very nice one, but still a bonus.

I hope they get this right as a tablet too if they do, they might have something on their hands. But I don't put too much faith in this after all, it's Nintendo we're talking about they're notorious for getting convenient, modern functionality wrong or not there at all.

You telling mw you want normal tablet function rwminds me of this

IMG_0187.PNG

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

You telling mw you want normal tablet function rwminds me of this

IMG_0187.PNG

Oh that's just not right: it's far too big for 1 handed operation, ruining the purpose :ph34r:

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh that's just not right: it's far too big for 1 handed operation, ruining the purpose :ph34r:

LMFAO

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

6 hours ago, Swatson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yea except that the shield/pixel C isnt rendering (shield can stream them, but it doesnt render them) AAA games, it's not even close in power. OCing this with an active cooling solution on the dock wont make this reach xbone power levels, there's simply no way they can get that much power and disspiate the heat and have a screen with modular controller docks and an actual dock dock, sd/game card slot. wifi antenna (data too?). Those things take up space.

The Pixel C and Shield TV have just under ~1/4 the GPU performance of the Xbox One. And they can play some damn nice Android games with tesselation and other advanced rendering techniques right on them. They also work great for emulation of all but the most advanced systems.

Parker (the upgraded SoC from the X1 in those two devices) has over double the GPU performance of those consoles putting it about half of the Xbox One (0.7 TFLOPS vs 1.3 on the Xbox one) and close enough with the Xbox One CPU wise, granted without support for some advanced X86 stuff like virtualization, with the dual Denver cores plus quad A53s. If you drop in a embedded discrete GPU (Nvidia already has one that is designed to work with Parker for the automotive Drive PX2 so it wouldn't cost any R&D money that hasn't already been spent anyways) and you could get. Xbox level GPU performance pretty easily with only a slight hit on CPU performance.

I don't imagine this is what they're doing from a cost perspective but if they can both keep reasonable enough margins, and Nvidia can keep their greedy urges under control then it's totally doable.

I've never bought a nintendo console looking for third party support, so I'll take any as a bonus and be happy with it really.
I just want it to have a good battery life, and continue my favorite games.
If i were to ask for anything, it'd be the indie/jrpg support that the PS Vita has now.
I love my 3ds and Vita, and would love to add to my line up of portable games.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k