Competitions with more than 2 teams?

Scruffy90

Am I the only person who wants to see more than 2 teams competing in a match at the same time or see a competitive ffa?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Would be chaotic. Can you name any sport with more than two 2+ person teams at the same time? Sailing and racing won't count as they are bound to single vessel/car anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Would be chaotic. Can you name any sport with more than two 2+ person teams at the same time? Sailing and racing won't count as they are bound to single vessel/car anyway.

Arent videogames chaotic by nature though?

And theres no 2+ team based sports, but there are a few with 1 person from multiple teams competing at a time. The majority revolve around track and field and obscure sports.

Regardless, a lot of video games are not like sports, which were designed with 2 teams in mind. Multi team or free for all could work, its just that pros absolutely hate adding any random or unexpected element to any of the games they play, despite the multiplayer for a lot of these games being designed with that in mind.  

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14