BF1 and Civ 6 Black screen crash

Hello all,

bought myself BF1 and Civ6 last weekend and have been unable to play either without being interrupted by a crash to a black screen crash which necessitates a restart.

Specs are as follows:

i5 6600K oc to 4.4 ghz

16 gig ddr4 ram

512 gig ssd

390X AMD GPU

650Wat PSU

I have tried running pass marks burn in stress test and their performance benchmarks which didnt reveal the error. Neither did viewing the system longs in the windows event viewer. Myself and the local pc store are at a loss.

If any help could be provided itd be appreciated.

Edited by Bavar2142

Disable every OC that you have and try again.

But if stress testing your PC doesn't crash it, and playing games does ... well that's just wrong on so many levels.

May I ask what PSU you have?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Its a seasonic 650wat Gold standard. Ive tried getting rid of the oc's and it seems to only be these two games. Could it be a driver issue?

Ive got version 16.10.2 installed and have updated the Bios. For some reason the amd display driver has stopped working a few times.