Disabling the Restart Button?

DrMacintosh

Hello, Windows 10 has really gotten on my nerves when it comes to the start menu. It has gotten better over the updates but is still very buggy to say the least. 

Due to one of these bugs that results in certain UI elements not always showing up, I was wondering if there was anyway to disable the OS restart button. If not that then maybe at least a way to enable a prompt asking me if I'm sure I want to restart?

There have been too many times where I want to shut down but now I have to wait for my system to fully boot to my login screen. Or even worse is if when clicking the power button the UI doesn't pop up so I click off to something else near the power button and then the system just restarts because I clicked a button that I couldn't see.......ugh....

Thanks. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Settings > power managment > Setting for what the pc does when powerbuttons are pressed > reset button "do nothing"

edit: woop sorry , no clue if you can do it in Software , but it shud be possible

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

18 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Hello, Windows 10 has really gotten on my nerves when it comes to the start menu. It has gotten better over the updates but is still very buggy to say the least. 

Due to one of these bugs that results in certain UI elements not always showing up, I was wondering if there was anyway to disable the OS restart button. If not that then maybe at least a way to enable a prompt asking me if I'm sure I want to restart?

There have been too many times where I want to shut down but now I have to wait for my system to fully boot to my login screen. Or even worse is if when clicking the power button the UI doesn't pop up so I click off to something else near the power button and then the system just restarts because I clicked a button that I couldn't see.......ugh....

Thanks. 

Sure you can. You can do anything in software! There is probably a way to accomplish this with a registry modification, or something like that. I wouldn't know how to do that, but I bet someone here does.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I don't have a solution but I have a work around. While the desktop is in focus (click on the desktop) press alt f4. This will open up a menu that will let you shut down with out using the start menu. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Is this a clean installed windows 10? Because I have never seen any issues like that...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Is this a clean installed windows 10? Because I have never seen any issues like that...

Yes it's a clean install. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I haven't seen this exact issue but I agree the current consumer build of Windows 10 can be a bit more unstable than should be acceptable.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-