How do you like your bacon?

Xanthe_2871

Hello humans. How do you like your bacon? Give me details, please. Crispy? Soft? Thick? Thin? Maple? Smoked? 

This is not mustard, I am genuinely curious. Personally I like thin, crispy bacon like potato chips. 

-Xanthe.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Bacon is like Metallica. It's decent, I like to eat it every once in a while.  But it's mostly hype and tradition. It's just expected to be good. It gets old after a while and I loose my taste for it. 

1 minute ago, TheBestUserName said:

Bacon is like Metallica. It's decent, I like to eat it every once in a while.  But it's mostly hype and tradition. It's just expected to be good. It gets old after a while and I loose my taste for it. 

That's not what I expected to hear. Thank you for replying, that is not an opinion I have ever heard.  

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

20 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Hello humans. How do you like your bacon? Give me details, please. Crispy? Soft? Thick? Thin? Maple? Smoked? 

This is not mustard, I am genuinely curious. Personally I like thin, crispy bacon like potato chips. 

-Xanthe.

Huh, I considered you more of a SPAM person...

21 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

-Xanthe.

Those fried bacon where its like crispy, like the way you like yours.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

Just now, imreloadin said:

Huh, I considered you more of a SPAM person...

Why do you say that? This is the off topic section, it is here specifically for discussions like this. :)

Just now, Apollo Refugio said:

Those fried bacon where its like crispy, like the way you like yours.

Ah yes, fried bacon is great! I believe that is what I meant, I didn't know the words. :D 

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Why do you say that? This is the off topic section, it is here specifically for discussions like this. :)

I was just guessing as I've heard that trolls love spam ;)

I prefer thick cut bacon cooked about medium.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

I was just guessing as I've heard that trolls love spam ;)

I think I understand now, you believe I spread mustard. 

That's ok. There will always be people like that, unfortunately there is no way to prove one's intentions.

4 minutes ago, rmac52 said:

I prefer thick cut bacon cooked about medium.

I like my steak medium-rare :)

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

I like my steak medium-rare :)

I don't understand people who like their steak cooked well done, it makes no sense to me.

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

I don't understand people who like their steak cooked well done, it makes no sense to me.

Well medium-rare is in reality not fully cooked, so medium-rare can introduce food-bourne illnesses. I get their view but they are missing out the good stuff about life.

Well medium-rare is in reality not fully cooked, so medium-rare can introduce food-bourne illnesses. I get their view but they are missing out the good stuff about life.

Pssh, what's life without risk?

3 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Pssh, what's life without risk?

Preach.

Just now, acheahead said:

I like chicken bacon.

... if it's wrapped in 10 layers of regular bacon xD

You had me there for a second!

3 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

That's not what I expected to hear. Thank you for replying, that is not an opinion I have ever heard.  

I guess I never answered the question, though.  When I have some bacon, I like it medium-well.**  And I'm not a fan of the flappy fat bits that don't seem to cook when they curl up in a pan.  To avoid that, bacon is best cooked in the oven. 

Beyond that, I don't have a preference of smoked, maple, honey, etc. 

**But I like my steak medium rare.

1 hour ago, IamPROJECT said:

I love thick, but also crispy bacon. That combo is a winner for me. Also, would prefer leaner bacon, not to fatty.

That's a good way to go too 

I looove thin and crispy bacon, I hate thick bacon (but I would eat it if it was crispy)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

19 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I don't. Two reasons:

1. I find the murder of other lifeforms distasteful and primitive given our current level of development. Further compounded by the horrific mass slaughter industry that is funded and perpetuated by the purchase of the majority of the (non free range) product(s).
  2. From an early age I found the taste of (all meat) repulsive; I guess that I simply naturally/instinctively knew better...

Of course being a vegan I've heard all of the counter arguments that the destruction/killing/mutilation of plant/vegetable/fungi life is essentially the same thing. While that's very true it is unfortunately the best that we can do right now. In other words it is the lesser of two evils. If there was a way to avoid it, molecular printing for instance, then I'd be among the first to sign up for the trials.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

19 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Thick, Slightly Crispy and covered in cheese

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

5 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

I don't. Two reasons:

1. I find the murder of other lifeforms distasteful and primitive given our current level of development. Further compounded by the horrific mass slaughter industry that is funded and perpetuated by the purchase of the majority of the (non free range) product(s).
  2. From an early age I found the taste of (all meat) repulsive; I guess that I simply naturally/instinctively knew better...

Of course being a vegan I've heard all of the counter arguments that the destruction/killing/mutilation of plant/vegetable/fungi life is essentially the same thing. While that's very true it is unfortunately the best that we can do right now. In other words it is the lesser of two evils. If there was a way to avoid it, molecular printing for instance, then I'd be among the first to sign up for the trials.

Excellent point! In my time animals are not killed for food, we can create the meat in a process very similar to your 3D printing you have today. On top of that, people usually only eat when celebrating something, like a birthday. Our bodies in 2871 don't require sustenance, but eating is still possible as special technology prevents the atrophy of our digestion systems. 

Bacon is still one of the top ingredients in my time. Our love for bacon is not something that has ever wavered.