Headphones wire broke

The wire of my "Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset" broke.

The microphone still works, but the left ear works about 50% of the time and the right ear doesn't work.

I am not sure if the wire actually broke but I can see the protective layer did slide a bit off. (See picture)

I can't find any other places where the wire was damaged so I think it was damaged here.

Is it worth trying to fix this? Should I just buy a new headphone? 

If I should try to fix this, how? There is no screw on the controller and I can't find a way to open it.

20161023_215750.jpg

Intel Core 6700K | Gigabyte GTX 970 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Blue 2TB

EVGA Supernova G2 750 | Microsoft Windows 10 | 2x 1080p monitors

5 minutes ago, Jonathantje said:

The wire of my "Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset" broke.

The microphone still works, but the left ear works about 50% of the time and the right ear doesn't work.

I am not sure if the wire actually broke but I can see the protective layer did slide a bit off. (See picture)

I can't find any other places where the wire was damaged so I think it was damaged here.

Is it worth trying to fix this? Should I just buy a new headphone? 

If I should try to fix this, how? There is no screw on the controller and I can't find a way to open it.

20161023_215750.jpg

If you like the headset then fix it. I can't know how much you value the headset or your time, but with some splicing it certainly can be fixed. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Do they still work? If so, just push the protective rubber back up and glue it. If not you'll need to do some splicing. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Like I said:

I like the headset but it is only worth around €30 so I could just buy a new one, but if it is an easy fix I could just as well fix it.

I have never done something simular, is it hard and does it take much time? Any good tutorial?

Intel Core 6700K | Gigabyte GTX 970 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Blue 2TB

7 minutes ago, Jonathantje said:

Like I said:

I like the headset but it is only worth around €30 so I could just buy a new one, but if it is an easy fix I could just as well fix it.

I have never done something simular, is it hard and does it take much time? Any good tutorial?

Sorry I totally missed that. Quite honestly I would just get a new one.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Any good <50 euro headphones? (In the netherlands)

I saw the reviews of this one and this happens a lot, really low quality wire.