Gigabyte says boot looping, no post z170mx Gaming 5 mobo tested fine, not sure what to do.

Following this thread (specs in signature, please look at previous link for context as ive explained my troubleshooting there)

Where I had a boot loop issue that first appeared after months of use with no memorable changes apart from an windows update triggering this boot loop without post or output then again after a few days of use with my replacement motherboard, Im at a loss at what to do.

5 Points:

1. Only 5 components were connected outside of the case (PSU,CPU,CPU cooler,Motherboard, Hdmi monitor from integrated graphics hdmi port).
  2. I have tried another psu I have that worked before also and my current psu worked fine for months before the motherboard started boot looping and worked after I got a replacement till it started boot looping as well, so It makes me think the psu is not at fault.
  3. My cpu has worked for the same amount of time without failure. It has always ran cool with my aftermarket heatsink mounted as per the instructions with an appropriate amount of thermal paste (top mostly covered with none leaking over the side and definitely none in the socket.
  4. Speaking of the socket, now the second time, unlike the first, I took pictures of the inside of the socket and found it to be immaculate, both with the backside of the cpu and the socket itself. No visible bent pins or burn markings on either. This is of course to go with all the trouble shooting tried in the previous thread.
  5. Gigabyte said my previous rma board tested fine (as in it worked for them) despite the continuous bootloops for me.

My thoughts so far, are that I firstly, would love to be playing Battlefield 1 right now, and secondly, I have no idea what to do and cant afford to just buy random parts with the hope that they are the culprit.

My first plan of action is to call a local computer store (a store where I bought my graphics card (1070 ftw) and ask to use some of there test parts to see whether or not my cpu or motherboard are at fault, though Im not sure how willing they would be to do that. Another option, likely done after the first, is that I could take the shipping pre paid RMA Gigabyte support have offered me, which will likely take 2-3 weeks to arrive, and if they are correct, will end up with the same problem.

I know that cpus failing are extraordinarily rare, and I think they fail differently than this (like they just stop working completely, so Im utterly confused, as like I said in the linked thread, there are no beeps from the motherboard speaker( I specifically bought to test this (there were beeps when I got it first a few days earlier)) no matter what I try (ram here, ram there, no ram (supposed to get a beep but nothing). Ive now been without my computer for more than a month and I just dont get it.

System Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Displays: PlayStation® 3D Display (1080p)

Displays: VA1948M (900p)
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan 
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 75.0 CFM  120mm Fans  
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse 

RAM? could be an issue try another stick?

2 minutes ago, nzskiing said:

RAM? could be an issue try another stick?

With respect, I listed a lot of details in this post and the post linked in it and id appreciate it very much if you would read it.

Ive very much already tried it. with 2 separate kits even.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

So from a cold boot it does nothing but boot loop? Before you completely disregard this go try it, it might work or might not but I have seen a Gigabyte board before that would overclock great and run great but if you left it off overnight when you started it back up it would do nothing but bootloop and the work around was to let it boot loop once or twice, if it didnt start on the second boot loop you would shut the PSU off in back, wait about 8 seconds (watch the motherboard LEDs and wait for them to completely go out, it takes about 6 seconds or so) and then switch the PSU back on and then hit the power button and it would boot up no problem without issues. If you didn't do that it would just be stuck in a continuous boot loop, reset and power did nothing, you had to do the PSU trick.

Just tossing it out there because its something you can test in about 1 minute.

Also helps when pushing really high overclocks sometimes...

Here you can see that fixed this dudes issue on this page and you can read the previous page where he was pulling his hair out wondering why his computer was boot-looping and he couldn't get it to start. So at least give it a try. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1489955/official-x58-xeon-club/6480

8 hours ago, DunePilot said:

So from a cold boot it does nothing but boot loop? Before you completely disregard this go try it, it might work or might not but I have seen a Gigabyte board before that would overclock great and run great but if you left it off overnight when you started it back up it would do nothing but bootloop and the work around was to let it boot loop once or twice, if it didnt start on the second boot loop you would shut the PSU off in back, wait about 8 seconds (watch the motherboard LEDs and wait for them to completely go out, it takes about 6 seconds or so) and then switch the PSU back on and then hit the power button and it would boot up no problem without issues. If you didn't do that it would just be stuck in a continuous boot loop, reset and power did nothing, you had to do the PSU trick.

Just tossing it out there because its something you can test in about 1 minute.

Also helps when pushing really high overclocks sometimes...

Here you can see that fixed this dudes issue on this page and you can read the previous page where he was pulling his hair out wondering why his computer was boot-looping and he couldn't get it to start. So at least give it a try. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1489955/official-x58-xeon-club/6480

Ive tried all sorts of sequences to turn it on, including waiting over night, clearing the cmos etc. I think I know what youre talking about with the 3 boot loops to restore bios settings, but those 3 boot loops happened after the update,,they displayed something to the screen and when they finished, it just boot looped with nothing over and over again.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Just trying to help if your gonna be a dick then why should people help you.

On 29/10/2016 at 2:29 AM, nzskiing said:

Just trying to help if your gonna be a dick then why should people help you.

Your reply indicated that you did not read the post or the full title. My response was not intended to be offensive, I was alerting you to the fact that  in my post, I already listed that I already went through your suggestion along with other troubleshooting steps listed  to avoid being counterproductive in having to restate what I have and havent tried..

System Specs:

Spoiler

A couple things stand out to me:

• First and foremost, your CPU is the odd man out here. It's exceedingly rare for a CPU to just die, but it's not unheard of. The local computer store idea might be a good one, although you might need to offer to pay them for their time.
  • You mentioned setting your RAM speed to 2400 - Did you do this by enabling XMP? If not, the correct timings for running at 2400 probably haven't been set unless you did it manually. You mention clearing your CMOS before you'd done this; Have you cleared it since?
  • Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS (kinda dumb the switch they used to use for that is gone)? If you get any joy out of it at all, it might be worth flashing it to the latest revision (F20b as of today) to see if that helps with stability.

4 hours ago, Runefox said:

A couple things stand out to me:

• First and foremost, your CPU is the odd man out here. It's exceedingly rare for a CPU to just die, but it's not unheard of. The local computer store idea might be a good one, although you might need to offer to pay them for their time.
  • You mentioned setting your RAM speed to 2400 - Did you do this by enabling XMP? If not, the correct timings for running at 2400 probably haven't been set unless you did it manually. You mention clearing your CMOS before you'd done this; Have you cleared it since?
  • Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS (kinda dumb the switch they used to use for that is gone)? If you get any joy out of it at all, it might be worth flashing it to the latest revision (F20b as of today) to see if that helps with stability.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I know, its rare, and the fact it worked with the second mob too confuses me, but 2 motherboards failing the same way? That sounds odd. I already sent off my mobo, but I guess I could still check out the cpu

2. Yes.. Im pretty sure. Changed it from something I cant remember to profile 1 and it default set it to 2400. I also tried to clear the cmos with pretty much every change I made.

3. As for the backup bios, Im not comfortable with that third suggestion (tried it the first time actually but it didnt work, but support said the board was fine so I guess it didnt do anything to it),  but actually stumbled upon that page before and tried that.

As for flashing the bios, well, given that^ you know..

System Specs:

Spoiler

Yeah, at this point besides bringing it into a local computer shop and seeing if they'd be willing to try swapping in a different CPU for you and see if it POSTs, there's not really a whole lot left to try. I'd also see if they'd be willing to slot your CPU into a different machine to make sure it's OK, too, if the board doesn't work with a different CPU.