help with PCIe lanes?

Hey guys (and girls and everything in between),

I'm building a new rig, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hv6YXH     and I pretty much have my ducks in a row but I do have a question that doesn't really make sense to me. How is the situation on PCIe lanes? I know the cpu will deliver 16 to the GPU, cool but the z170 chipset delivers 20(?) more to the rest of the system. With a future m.2 card, perhaps a second 2.5" ssd and a wifi card, am I good on PCIe lanes? everything I have looked up hasn't really given me a clear-cut answer on this.
Thanks for your help.

Ask your self if you might want to have 2 GPUs in the future combined with an M.2 drive?

I think you'll be fine if you want to do that on z170 but I made a mistake by going with z97 and now I'm limited to 1 GPU and my NVMe drive as z97 only has 16 total lanes. I should have gone with x99...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

im not too big on the SLI thing. If all developers supported it and I were to get 40% increased performance, then sure. but games like tomb raider don't even have support for it. Until that happens it'll be a hard pass for me. I'd rather just slide a new GPU in there when the time comes. I was thinking about going ITX for awhile even. just couldn't find the I/O that I wanted with a suitable case.