I'm trying to sound proof a room.

IvanSnipedYu
15 hours ago, spwath said:

Probably.

Another option is hang heavy curtains on the walls. Like heavy theater curtains.

Yeah, I was thinking of using acoustic blankets. However, someone told me that it won't actually sound proof the room.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

12 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

If you have another room that could be moved, you could just change the utility of the two rooms...

Unfortunately for certain reasons, I can't do that.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

you are not going to get anything that will fully sound proof the room, since you cannot put it in the walls. The best you can get is something that will lower the sound leakage from the room. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

http://www.joedocmusic.com/recording-diy-acoustic-panels/

Here's another DIY guide for making acoustic panels. This one also mentions using Owens Corning 703, instead of Rockwool. I think Owens Corning 703 is actually what I used to build mine.

Here's a pack of cheap roxul panels: https://www.amazon.com/Roxul-Rockboard-Acoustic-Mineral-Wool/dp/B01B1QS8XC

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987