Windows 7 cannot find updates.

Solegide

It's been checking for updates for over 2 hours, and still hasn't found anything. I even did a clean boot, and still nothing.

CPUIntel Core i5 6600k 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4  GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 1080 Case: Thermaltake Core P3 SE White Storage: Toshiba P300 3TB HDD, Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD PSUCorsair RM750i Displays: Asus VG248QE, Asus VX22H x2 Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 w/ HD120 x2 KeyboardCorsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB, Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Mousepad Sound: Corsair VOID Wireless, Logitech Z323 Speakers OS: Windows 10

Maybe it's up to date?

Do you have a virus/mallware/spyware checker?

Has your hosts file been modded?

It's a common issue with Windows Update, and there are many ways to solve it. I've put all the solutions that I've come across into this blog post:

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It's a common issue with Windows Update, and there are many ways to solve it. I've put all the solutions that I've come across into this blog post:

That would be amazing to have a newly installed OS 100% Up to date without any further downloads.

CPUIntel Core i5 6600k 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4  GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 1080 Case: Thermaltake Core P3 SE White Storage: Toshiba P300 3TB HDD, Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD PSUCorsair RM750i Displays: Asus VG248QE, Asus VX22H x2 Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 w/ HD120 x2 KeyboardCorsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB, Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS Mousepad Sound: Corsair VOID Wireless, Logitech Z323 Speakers OS: Windows 10

Just now, Solegide said:

That would be amazing to have a newly installed OS 100% Up to date without any further downloads.

Sorry that was meant for other guy...

8 minutes ago, Solegide said:

Sorry that was meant for other guy...

well that would be impossible, all OS's need updates. now as far as triggering your windows 7 to download any update avaliable you can.  open a cmd with admin rights and type  wuauclt.exe/updatenow. then go to your update screen and make it search it should come up with all avaliable downloads, if it does not. then let it sit there for a bit then reset your pc and check again. report back on if it worked or not.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

7 minutes ago, Solegide said:

Those exist. If you own Windows 7 Ultimate 64, there's a download for such an ISO here:

And if you own one of the other versions of Windows 7, there are instructions in that post to create your own 100% updated Windows 7 ISO image, that you can use in the future.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

wuauclt.exe /detectnow is another option you can use 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

4 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

well that would be impossible, all OS's need updates.

No, not necessarily. Windows 7 and Vista only get critical security updates

32 minutes ago, Solegide said:

It's been checking for updates for over 2 hours, and still hasn't found anything. I even did a clean boot, and still nothing.

New updates for Windows 7 are being released infrequently. See above ^^^

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

also forgot, sometimes windows locks out the ability to force check for x ammount of time so if nothing happens you have to use this command 

wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow  its been a while since i have update issues with windows 7 but these commands help alot.

You guys... After a literal week, Windows 7 found those updates...