If you could clone yourself...

Camul

It also comes down to interpretation. If we can't acknowledge when we are offensive, regardless of our intention, then we lack empathy and should apologise for the pain that ensued.

So we can't disagree with it, even when others clearly agree with our own opinion? I do not believe saying that someone "needs help" is offensive, nor do I think it needed any sort of response or to de-rail the thread. Again, let's just leave it alone now, agreed?

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

So we can't disagree with it, even when others clearly agree with our own opinion? I do not believe saying that someone "needs help" is offensive, nor do I think it needed any sort of response or to de-rail the thread. Again, let's just leave it alone now, agreed?

You can disagree if you want, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that there is a distinct difference between disagreeing with someone and saying they need help. If you tell someone they "need help" you are assuming a point of authority, you are assuming that you understand the situation and they are some how deficient that they require help.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No, you can't. You're just not the one who decides whether or not people are offended. You can say it's stupid that they're offended by something or that it doesn't make any sense, but you still can't decide whether they're offended or not. If you choose to not apologise nor regret your actions then ok, that's wrong but it is your decision, however saying that they're not offended is not up to you no matter what you believe.

Also, so far no one agreed with your opinion. Just because someone suggested a situation that forces people to question their sexuality it does not in any way make need help. If it is against the CoC then he needs to punished by the mods, or whatever the mods see fit to do, but claiming that people who are confortable enough with their sexuality to pose such question need help is beyond ridiculous.

You can disagree if you want, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that there is a distinct difference between disagreeing with someone and saying they need help. If you tell someone they "need help" you are assuming a point of authority, you are assuming that you understand the situation and they are some how deficient that they require help.  

Again, these false dichotomies creeping in. I am not assuming that at all. Let's just drop it now, eh?

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

No, you can't. You're just not the one who decides whether or not people are offended. You can say it's stupid that they're offended by something or that it doesn't make any sense, but you still can't decide whether they're offended or not. If you choose to not apologise nor regret your actions then ok, that's wrong but it is your decision, however saying that they're not offended is not up to you no matter what you believe.

Also, so far no one agreed with your opinion. Just because someone suggested a situation that forces people to question their sexuality it does not in any way make need help. If it is against the CoC then he needs to punished by the mods, or whatever the mods see fit to do, but claiming that people who are confortable enough with their sexuality to pose such question need help is beyond ridiculous.

I never said anything about people being stupid. I never said anything about sexuality. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

And for the record, 2 people agreed with everything I said, so don't lie. I'm just going to block you now, as you're clearly just in this to stir things up, which is very much against the CoC. Bye.

Just re-read this. You misunderstood me. By "it" I meant your opinion on what is and is not offensive. Look, this has gone on long enough. I've had to block the other guy because he wouldn't let it go. Let's just call it quits and leave it alone now. Seriously, that's enough. I'm not taking any blame for de-railing the thread because I have repeatedly said we need to drop it.  Okay?

Just re-read this. You misunderstood me. By "it" I meant your opinion on what is and is not offensive. Look, this has gone on long enough. I've had to block the other guy because he wouldn't let it go. Let's just call it quits and leave it alone now. Seriously, that's enough. I'm not taking any blame for de-railing the thread because I have repeatedly said we need to drop it.  Okay?

Firstly, it is not polite to make a statement that insinuates someone is wrong and then ask to drop the conversation as if to imply that continuing the discussion is somehow irrelevant or derailing.

secondly, it is not an opinion, it is a fact. Offense can be taken regardless of intention.  It is also a fact that if you tell some they "need help" then you are assuming you know better than they do. In this case it is very possible the OP is right and to tell him he needs help is to insinuate you know better than him even though there is no evidence to support such a claim. 

If you want to drop it then do so, but not after continuing the discussion. If you also need to block me because you disagree then that is also fine, however you should refrain from continuing this discussion first.

EDIT: I will neither block you nor leave this discussion, I feel discussion is always positive even if opinions vary.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Firstly, it is not polite to make a statement that insinuates someone is wrong and then ask to drop the conversation as if to imply that continuing the discussion is somehow irrelevant or derailing.

secondly, it is not an opinion, it is a fact. Offense can be taken regardless of intention.  It is also a fact that if you tell some they "need help" then you are assuming you know better than they do. In this case it is very possible the OP is right and to tell him he needs help is to insinuate you know better than him even though there is no evidence to support such a claim. 

If you want to drop it then do so, but not after continuing the discussion. If you also need to block me because you disagree then that is also fine, however you should refrain from continuing this discussion first.

EDIT: I will neither block you nor leave this discussion, I feel discussion is always positive even if opinions vary.

1 - I didn't. I'm saying let's just stop. It's not doing anyone any good. Let's try and be mature about this and leave it be.

2 - If you think offence isn''t subjective (based on opinion) then you're just plain wrong. End of story there. I never said I knew better than him. Why is everyone putting words in my mouth?

3 - Okay, I'm going to block you as you're clearly incapable of being mature enough to leave it alone.

1 - I didn't. I'm saying let's just stop. It's not doing anyone any good. Let's try and be mature about this and leave it be.

2 - If you think offence isn''t subjective (based on opinion) then you're just plain wrong. End of story there. I never said I knew better than him. Why is everyone putting words in my mouth?

3 - Okay, I'm going to block you as you're clearly incapable of being mature enough to leave it alone.

He's actually a very mature guy.

Clearly not. He's shown that. Please don't just come here to stir things. Let's just leave it.

Clearly not. He's shown that. Please don;t just come here to stir things. Let's just leave it.

He's immature? Based off of only this? How can you make such conclusion? You don't have to block him just for this.

1. but you're saying stop it after a rebuttal.  If you genuinely want to stop then simply don't respond.

2. I said nothing about offense not being subjective, I said offense can be taken regardless of intention, They are completely different.

3. If I was trying to offend you then this would be an appropriate response, however given the circumstances your response is somewhat ironic/hypocritical.

Thank you.  :)

He's immature? Based off of only this? How can you make such conclusion? You don't have to block him just for this.

I can make a conclusion based on this interaction. I've blocked them because they won't leave it alone. The only way to stop this is to block them. Let's all just stop replying so the mods can remove this stupid thread -.- It's just become ridiculous now.

Seriously, just stop.

It's not an insult. If I had said "The OP is a spastic" or something, THAT would be an insult. I said he needed help. How is that an insult? I spotted that my brother's son had autistic tendencies and told him I think he should get him help, now he's in an appropriate school and getting the extra help he needs to function. Was I insulting my brother or his son by saying that? He didn't think so.

Moreover, swearing isn't (or, at least, shouldn't be) the natural reaction to an insult. If someone called me something I'd just block/report them and move on. I'm sure you'll agree that, given the ages of some of the people on this forum, this is an wholely inappropriate thread?

While I think this topic was pointless and rather strange I don't see why you feel the need to voice your opinion in the way you are doing, just stop commenting rather than starting arguments. Also it's way more mature to swear at someone than to just block and ignore them since that has to be the most child like way to attempt to solve a problem

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I never said anything about people being stupid. I never said anything about sexuality. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

And for the record, 2 people agreed with everything I said, so don't lie. I'm just going to block you now, as you're clearly just in this to stir things up, which is very much against the CoC. Bye.

I never claimed you said anything about people being stupid either. I guess you're the one who has to stop putting words in your own mouth? I don't know, what you're saying just doesn't make sense.

If you feel that because you have likes from two other accounts then you are right then fine by me, I don't really care.

Oh, what I'm saying is against the CoC? How amusing for you to say that.

You could have stopped this right away, it's you who chooses to continue by taunting people every time someone suggests to stop.

Offense is indeed subjective, at least you're learning something, but it is still not subjective to you, it's subjective to the person who is offended not by the one who offends.

Shouting mindless accusations before blocking someone? Once again, how amusing.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

80078377-Im-ou.gif

Why didn't we all do the same?  

Let's just get a clone and f++k ourselves down.

Don't get mad, get even...

While I think this topic was pointless and rather strange I don't see why you feel the need to voice your opinion in the way you are doing, just stop commenting rather than starting arguments. Also it's way more mature to swear at someone than to just block and ignore them since that has to be the most child like way to attempt to solve a problem

And yet you felt the need to comment, trying to start an argument after the discussion ended ages ago. I did stop commenting, I suggest you do the same.

Dafuq.png

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I voted before reading the OP and said "yes" then read and I was like "NOOOOO"

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

No, I don't "know it". I disagree entirely. I never said anything about "not normal". Can you stop using false dichotomies please? I said I think he needs help, which I do. Did I say he's not normal? Did I say he needs to see a psychotherapist? Did I say he's disgusting and needs to be put in a mental hospital? No, exactly.

Help can come in many forms, but this thread is MASSIVELY inappropriate for some of the age groups on this forum. Surely you agree with that?

Why can't people just report and be done with it than saying mean stuff/arguments for everyone to read? How hard is it realy ... couples clicks and mods will check it out.

Why can't people just report and be done with it than saying mean stuff/arguments for everyone to read? How hard is it realy ... couples clicks and mods will check it out.

Already did. It was the other guy that started the flame war.

solely for the purpose of having sex with them, would you do it? (assuming you were single)

Da faq? what kind of a dumb questions is this?  If there was a report button for stupidity, I would click the hell out of it.

Da faq? what kind of a dumb questions is this?  If there was a report button for stupidity, I would click the hell out of it.

Can report it for breaking CoC, though. Seriously, kids do come on this forum too. I've reported it but no mod has checked it out yet. Maybe needs a few more?