Gigabyte GTX 970 - Getting 4 monitors to work.

I just wanted to share my recent experience here as it may be useful to someone.  I recently replaced my GTX 760 with a 970.  I have a 4 monitor setup.  The website for the card shows different ways to run 4 monitors.

I was using one dvi-d, hdmi, and two display port with the 760.   I hooked up the new card, installed the drivers and was only getting 3 monitors.  Even with things wired as shown on their website config.  I ordered a dvi-i to dvi-D/VGA adapter.  I was still trying to run the second DVI-I to D.  Still nothing.  So I tried VGA from the DVI-I.  Success.

Long story short, I had to run DVI-I to VGA adapter to get the 4th monitor working again.  Also, you'll need to use the Nvidia control panel and have it re-detect to find it and switch that monitor to analog.

I hope this helps someone.

unnamed.jpg

I would kill for that many screens for my work but impressed you got that on a 970 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

To be fair, the 3 23inch dells, I got each for 60 bucks, new in box through a deal from a friend. The original price new is still over 200 bucks a pop.