HD 558 vs HD518

tract9on
Go to solution Solved by Parkway Drive,

I wouldn't bother. Pretty sure the higher models are just better matched drivers.

+1

As much as I love my 558, I wouldn't be convinced that it's worth the money to upgrade your 518 if they're working fine. Unless they started to break...

Hey,

I currently have the HD518 headphones but I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the HD 558's? Is there much difference between them and will I notice a difference?

Thanks!

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Hey,

I currently have the HD518 headphones but I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the HD 558's? Is there much difference between them and will I notice a difference?

Thanks!

I wouldn't bother. Pretty sure the higher models are just better matched/closer to spec drivers.

I wouldn't bother. Pretty sure the higher models are just better matched drivers.

+1

As much as I love my 558, I wouldn't be convinced that it's worth the money to upgrade your 518 if they're working fine. Unless they started to break...

+1

oi, you caught my edit!  :angry:

Yeah, I love my HD518's. I was thinking I could find some sort of fault to return them under warranty but if there isn't much difference not really worth the effort. Thanks!

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

I wouldn't bother. Pretty sure the higher models are just better matched/closer to spec drivers.

I don't think that's the case with the 518's I've heard theres a fairly big difference getting the higher end phones. (558/598)

That being said, if you already own them, I would look for something with a different signature from a different brand, or I'd go bigger than 1 or 2 tiers higher than what you currently own.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I don't think that's the case with the 518's I've heard theres a fairly big difference getting the higher end phones. (558/598)

That being said, if you already own them, I would look for something with a different signature from a different brand, or I'd go bigger than 1 or 2 tiers higher than what you currently own.

I guess the only way to know for sure will be to buy them all.  B)

I'd rather save and go for HD650 or even HD800 :) 

well at least, thats what I'm gonna do.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB