Moving with computer

akrickyboby

Hey guys moving over canada pretty soon. I am taking my computer with me and it is a cooler master elite 430 case and was wondering what my best option is for transporting my computer. 

Probably just take out the graphics card and HDD from your comp and store it in your bag or something. Those will get damaged easily.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

If you still have the box and original packaging, putting the case inside of that might be a good way to go.

Either way, remove sensitive components like video cards and place them in a separate anti-static bag and put away in a safe place.

Is this computer going into a moving truck, or into the vehicle you'll be in as well?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

remove gpu. put it back into the original box. 

youre set

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

If you still have the box and original packaging, putting the case inside of that might be a good way to go.

Either way, remove sensitive components like video cards and place them in a separate anti-static bag and put away in a safe place.

Is this computer going into a moving truck, or into the vehicle you'll be in as well?

im going from Alaska to Oklahoma for college so I'm trying to figure out what my best option is for getting it on a plane with me.

post-27932-0-24478900-1382330680.jpg

Make sure GPU/HDD/OPTICAL DRIVE is screwed in or removed out of case. Like many Cyberpower/Orgin companies, maybe you can replicate their inner packaging with the anti-static bags and suck. Don't know what they are exactly.

CAREY HOLMAN also runs a shop like this, he usally ships these and has a pod cast with these tips and carry outs at www.tech-vets.com. Look him up, also has youtube channel (name is username) as well as some quick tips/tutorials.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Dafuq is with the pictures?

I think he was visiting CA and took some pics. yes he was.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Make sure GPU/HDD/OPTICAL DRIVE is screwed in or removed out of case. Like many Cyberpower/Orgin companies, maybe you can replicate their inner packaging with the anti-static bags and suck. Don't know what they are exactly.

CAREY HOLMAN also runs a shop like this, he usally ships these and has a pod cast with these tips and carry outs at www.tech-vets.com. Look him up, also has youtube channel (name is username) as well as some quick tips/tutorials.

Holly cow thanks ps Im using alligator picks since for some reason a ton were pre-loaded on this laptop when I bought it yesterday.

post-27932-0-50599500-1382331109.jpg

every body please post alligator pics with your reply's thanks.

I will NOT!

gator-day1.jpg

alligator_ap.jpg

What?

You feeling luck Punk?

this better not be a violation (shouldn't be).

alligator_ap.jpg

What?

You feeling luck Punk?

this better not be a violation (shouldn't be).

it's in general discussion so I think not.

post-27932-0-76424500-1382332920.jpg

3 TIMES what you did.

alcoholic-alligator-meme-generator-im-noalcoholic-alligator-meme-generator-im-no

Nov-2010-Cat-Alligator-Meme-700.jpg35p6k8.jpg

Did I miss something ;) ?

No but seriously if you use the advice I'm sure your move will be ok :D

Hot-gators-Oasis-credit-to-Shirey.jpg

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Get yourself a box roughly the size of the original case box and then head over to home depot and buy soft packing foam. 

Also remove GPU/tall heatsink