Can spiders get into or harm my consoles?

monk3y

I have a PS2, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, and an Xbox 360. They're all in my basement and hooked up to a TV. The problem is, my basement is full of spiders since it's a basement. It's mostly cellar spiders. My question is, can they get into or harm my consoles? I've seen them crawling around near them. I'm not a slob or anything, the room is clean, my climate is just really good for spiders.

2 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Webs will colllect dust and impede airflow. That's about it. 

I sort of want to open one and check but I'm afraid one will jump out like a jack in the box or I'll unleash a swarm of spiders or something lol

1 minute ago, B3h3m0th said:

I sort of want to open one and check but I'm afraid one will jump out like a jack in the box or I'll unleash a swarm of spiders or something lol

That is the funniest thing ever. That happened to me once. A spider got into our wii and I took the disc out, screamed for what seemed like an eternity, and my brother killed it. Lol.

you can always blow some canned air in the vents which should make what ever is in it if anything move out before you open it. 

1 minute ago, B3h3m0th said:

Spiders are generally more afraid of people than vice versa. 

I wouldnt worry about it until it becomes a problem. Periodically check the exhaust vent for normal airflow. If it's diminishing, take care of it.  You can't really do much to prevent it aside from pest control handing the spiders. Spiders can get to where ever they want... even if you put the consoles on a shelf. There might be places that are more trouble than they're worth to the spiders, but if they feel like traveling, they're sticky enough to get there. 

Also, open spaces with regular human traffic generally won't be inhabited by spiders. They want seclusion because that's where their insect prey will congregate.  

4 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

Spiders are generally more afraid of people than vice versa. 

Link? 

28 minutes ago, B3h3m0th said:

I have a PS2, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, and an Xbox 360. They're all in my basement and hooked up to a TV. The problem is, my basement is full of spiders since it's a basement. It's mostly cellar spiders. My question is, can they get into or harm my consoles? I've seen them crawling around near them. I'm not a slob or anything, the room is clean, my climate is just really good for spiders.

i like trains 🙂

19 minutes ago, fpo said:

Link? 

Link? Are you 5?  Experience the world, my friend. It's nature. It's all around you. All you have to do is observe with a little common sense. 

22 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

That's apparently really common, Sony had to tell people to stop sending in Playstations filled with roaches.