Help! Computer has error & won't boot into bios

Sirpz

So I've had a problem with my monitor that nothing will show if it's opening, loading, or if something's on an updating screen, also this means bios won't show and I can't access bios in the first place. Now all the sudden when I was installing a game on my computer it was shut down and I got error 0xc0000605, I couldn't press f8, enter, or ESC like it was telling me to. And if I can't access safe mode, bios, or anything like that I'm not able to reinstall windows. I get the error after I log into my computer, and an executable is asking for admin rights svchost.exe in appdata/roaming/disc/ if I click accept or cancel or anything it goes to that bluescreen

8 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

So I've had a problem with my monitor that nothing will show if it's opening, loading, or if something's on an updating screen, also this means bios won't show and I can't access bios in the first place. Now all the sudden when I was installing a game on my computer it was shut down and I got error 0xc0000605, I couldn't press f8, enter, or ESC like it was telling me to. And if I can't access safe mode, bios, or anything like that I'm not able to reinstall windows. I get the error after I log into my computer, and an executable is asking for admin rights svchost.exe in appdata/roaming/disc/ if I click accept or cancel or anything it goes to that bluescreen

You tried resetting CMOS yet? That'S the round loking battery thingy which is,of course, in a round looking socket thingy, on the motherboard. That'slike, the reset  switch of the whole system

EDIT : By resetting I meant faking remove it, then put it back in

If not a single keystroke works, I usually start checking the keyboard first... (asuming you can't use that pc at all, and you are typing this from some kind of other device...)

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

If not a single keystroke works, I usually start checking the keyboard first... (asuming you can't use that pc at all, and you are typing this from some kind of other device...)

Well monitor being non responsive means it's either and issue with the graphic card socket or the mobo's socket.

After your done with CMOS, if still not working,try switching sockets, so if your GPU has more then one socket for a cable, plug the cable in another socket, or if you go with onboard graphics then switch cable socket as well.

13 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

an executable is asking for admin rights svchost.exe in appdata/roaming/disc/

Regardless of your bluescreen issues, svchost.exe should NEVER reside outside of C:\Windows\System32\ EVER. NEVER EVER.

You have malware on your PC, which could very well be causing the bluescreens and any other errors from within Windows.

As for not being able to access your BIOS, that can either be a failing graphics card, defective monitor, or your BIOS simply needs a reset.

Pulling the round coin-cell watch battery from your motherboard, unplugging your power supply, and pressing the power button on your case for at least 10 seconds should clear your CMOS / BIOS settings. Try this first. Next, I would test the monitor on another system.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

12 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Regardless of your bluescreen issues, svchost.exe should NEVER reside outside of C:\Windows\System32\ EVER. NEVER EVER.

You have malware on your PC, which could very well be causing the bluescreens and any other errors from within Windows.

As for not being able to access your BIOS, that can either be a failing graphics card, defective monitor, or your BIOS simply needs a reset.

Pulling the round coin-cell watch battery from your motherboard, unplugging your power supply, and pressing the power button on your case for at least 10 seconds should clear your CMOS / BIOS settings. Try this first. Next, I would test the monitor on another system.

Yep, though the defective monitor would really suprise me. I'm betting on the CMOS reset here, if that does not work well he can try switching to onboard graphics to test out the failing GPU. Afterwards, well, malware is a go

30 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I'm able to log in and type my password completely fine, and able to type before the svchost asks for permissions

1 minute ago, Sirpz said:

I'm able to log in and type my password completely fine, and able to type before the svchost asks for permissions

reset cmos yet?

33 minutes ago, kirashi said:

How can I get rid of the malware, because that's almost definitely the case, since 5 minutes prior to the error I got a Windows defender message about malware, also, the blue screen is probably not an actual blue screen, since I can go into task manager (although the pseudo blue screen takes up the entire screen) so when I'm in the alt tab menu think the window itself is called mark 2, and in task manager it comes up as mark 11

6 minutes ago, Flowey said:

reset cmos yet?

No. I'm gonna try that now

1 minute ago, Sirpz said:

How can I get rid of the malware, because that's almost definitely the case, since 5 minutes prior to the error I got a Windows defender message about malware, also, the blue screen is probably not an actual blue screen, since I can go into task manager (although the pseudo blue screen takes up the entire screen) so when I'm in the alt tab menu think the window itself is called mark 2, and in task manager it comes up as mark 11

WTF

If CMOS doesn'T work then it's obviously some malware fking things up in there. Worst case scenario you might need to NUKE THE FUCK OUTTA DODGE

12 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

My usual steps for removing malware from a PC are as follows:

1. Boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking (hold down SHIFT as you shutdown Win8/10 and go into Advanced Startup Options)
  2. Download and run ADWCleaner - when it finishes it's scan, let it Clean, BUT DON'T LET IT RESTART YET.
    (there's 2 popups ADWCleaner will prompt you with when it's finished - DON'T press OK on those yet.)
  3. Download and run JunkwareRemovalTool - same thing: let it run it's scans and removal, BUT DON'T RESTART YET.
  4. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware - install it, run full system scan, have it remove stuff.
  5. YOU MAY NOW REBOOT, via the start menu, or via any of the prompts from ADWCleaner, JRT, or MBAM.

If none of these options work, I recommend you either get some help over at BleepingComputer.com since they have a forum section specifically for assisting users who are infected with Malware. They may have you run additional tools for analysis on your PC, but can be fully trusted as they know what they're doing.

Alternatively, a good old Pave 'N Nuke of your OS Drive also works, if you'd rather save the time consuming process of removing the malware.

*Full disclosure: I am a computer technician, but cannot warrant that any of my suggestions will not destroy your computer or prevent your house from burning down, pets from dying, or improve your quality of life in any way. That said, I have never once had MBAM, ADWCleaner, or JRT cause any damage to system files or personal data in my 10 years experience.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

1. Boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking (hold down SHIFT as you shutdown Win8/10 and go into Advanced Startup Options)
  2. Download and run ADWCleaner - when it finishes it's scan, let it Clean, BUT DON'T LET IT RESTART YET.
    (there's 2 popups ADWCleaner will prompt you with when it's finished - DON'T press OK on those yet.)
  3. Download and run JunkwareRemovalTool - same thing: let it run it's scans and removal, BUT DON'T RESTART YET.
  4. Download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware - install it, run full system scan, have it remove stuff.
  5. YOU MAY NOW REBOOT, via the start menu, or via any of the prompts from ADWCleaner, JRT, or MBAM.

If none of these options work, I recommend you either get some help over at BleepingComputer.com since they have a forum section specifically for assisting users who are infected with Malware. They may have you run additional tools for analysis on your PC, but can be fully trusted as they know what they're doing.

Alternatively, a good old Pave 'N Nuke of your OS Drive also works, if you'd rather save the time consuming process of removing the malware.

Hehehe I'd definitly save time on my side, got automated backups so it's not a problem for me.

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

Hehehe I'd definitly save time on my side, got automated backups so it's not a problem for me.

I don't have backups, per say, but my OS drive is a smaller 250GB SSD, specifically for my OS and programs.

None of my personal data is ever stored on it, save for my Downloads folder.

This way I can pave n nuke all day long and never actually lose anything.

Highly recommend @Sirpz also look into a setup like this if they aren't already using one.

13 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I don't have backups, per say, but my OS drive is a smaller 250GB SSD, specifically for my OS and programs.

None of my personal data is ever stored on it, save for my Downloads folder.

This way I can pave n nuke all day long and never actually lose anything.

Highly recommend @Sirpz also look into a setup like this if they aren't already using one.

HEEEEEYYYYYY Litterally same setup here, but with an additional array that's used to store like 4tb of backups. Constantly deleting and reuploading more recent backups during the night, thrice a week. GG NO RE

28 minutes ago, kirashi said:

*Full disclosure: I am a computer technician, but cannot warrant that any of my suggestions will not destroy your computer or prevent your house from burning down, pets from dying, or improve your quality of life in any way. That said, I have never once had MBAM, ADWCleaner, or JRT cause any damage to system files or personal data in my 10 years experience.

Just reset my CMOS by taking out the battery, since my mobo didn't seem to have jumpers (Asus a68hm-k), waiting for anything to come up on screen, HDD led indicator showed for a short amount of time on boot now nothing, everything seems to be ok otherwise, heatsink fan is spinning, GPU fan is spinning...

30 minutes ago, kirashi said:

However, it does just say cable not connected. This GPU is fucking shit sometimes, it uses a mini HDMI port (PNY 750ti enthusiast edition) cable isn't detected or gets signal half the time, I used to use an old gateway monitor I no longer have that used dvi-d that seemed to work well enough, I was able to get into bios then.

35 minutes ago, kirashi said:

AHA! Seems it was the stupid cable & mini HDMI port that had alot of sag on it. I plugged in a dvi-hdmi and it opened on the American Megatrends screen and I'm in bios now. TBD whether the CMOS resetting fixed it

6 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

AHA! Seems it was the stupid cable & mini HDMI port that had alot of sag on it. I plugged in a dvi-hdmi and it opened on the American Megatrends screen and I'm in bios now. TBD whether the CMOS resetting fixed it

NOICE no need to nuke the thing then. It's always the most obvious shite that's causing a problem, my GPU was sagging quite a lot, had issues, though it was dying, then stuck a box of condoms beneath it and it worked for the year it had left before it fking shorted

22 hours ago, Flowey said:

NOICE no need to nuke the thing then. It's always the most obvious shite that's causing a problem, my GPU was sagging quite a lot, had issues, though it was dying, then stuck a box of condoms beneath it and it worked for the year it had left before it fking shorted

I still think I might need to nuke... although I got into the bios I still have the virus and ive spent the past 5 hours in safe mode trying to purge this shit from my system to no avail