Downgraded i5 4460 cpu could have been a bit faster

I had a i7 4970k at 4.5ghz and 1.216 vcore, never had it close to use all power when surfing. multitasking,watching twich,facebook,cam chat (only watching)

I know an i7 4790k is a very fast cpu only surpassed by server cpus and 6 core i7 cpu's

I wanted to try amd, i have never had a an amd cpu, got a good offer on my cpu, found out after a lot of videos and forums, i would get alot worse gaming performance with a fx 6300 then a i5 haswell because of single core performance (have a socket 1150 mb and would be a bit expensive going for ddr4 and skylake) with a gtx 1060 6gb and my 3440x1440 100hz monitor (not playing the latest games or wanting max graphics settings, just as high as possible)

I found out my favorit store that alows me to buy much later than all the other danish stores,(they will still sent it the same day and i will get it the next day), only had a couple of haswell refresh cpu's

I5 4460 and i5 4690k the i5 4460 kost 1338 of my currency and the i5 4690k cost about 40% more 1965, thought i will save som money and for the money i save on the cpu i would opgrade from 8 to 16 gb ram, 3.2 ghz and turbo 3.4 is enough, i mean for gaming they are rated in tier 1

Cpu hierarchy

It's not the slowest i5 haswell cpu it performs in the middel comparing i5 4430 to i5 4690k, lowest passmark score is i5 4570te 3433 and highest is i5 4690k with 7687 an i5 4460 scores 6599 (better the all of the first i7 800 cpu's)

Noctua nh-d15 is running at 350 rpm and to my surprice it never goes higher, even with intelburn test maximum and prime 95 (not at the same time) temps never went close to 60 degress (celsius) a normal benchmark it's no more then around 40 degresse (100% load)

Had a lot going on tv, twitch,cam chat, pc froze and i had to reboot using the reset button on my pc, thought omg i need to turn of turbo and let it run 3.4 ghz all the time

Oced it to 3.4ghz instead of 3.2ghz and turbo 3.4ghz, cinebench r15 cpu score 505 and single core 133, it did get a slightly higher score at 3.4ghz

aida 64 cpu queen score almost 30000 ram 34000

I guess the other i5 cpu's are only a bit faster with 3,5/3.9 ghz as the fastest speed from an i5 4690 and the k version

My mb is a asus vii ranger z97 and i have 2x4gb g skill trident x 2400mhz cl 10 ram, i choose to use the money i saved on the cpu to upgrade to 2x8gb kingston savage 2400mhz cl 11 ram (i have a noctua nh-d15 cpu cooler so i didn't want to buy another pair of g skill ram an use it without the fins, since i wouldn't like to change the possition of the fans to make sure i have enough space for another pair of ram)

Should i try to see if i can get a faster cpu or is it just a waste on money if i don't spent 40% more on a i5 4690k cpu and oc it to atleast 4.0 ghz?

My mb has an option to oc the cpu to 3.535ghz (something like that) even when it's not a k cpu, should i try to go for that?

Must admit the cam chat uses alot of cpu power and the last 1.5-2month i have have had shockwave flash crash alot (stopped working), might be because of chrome since shockwave never use to crashed,stop working with chrome

Flash crash >>> other kind of problems. Running an very old AMD Athlon X2 64 bit 4200+ CPU, OC to 2.5*somthin* ghz, and I can have loads of cam pages/tabs open in FF, without my computer EVER getting unstable.

Im not shure why shockwave crash in chrome, i guess a newer version of chrome is not as stable in turns of shockwave flash

Not shure if it froze because of not having enough ram (funny enough if that was the case since i have ordered new ram today) chrome also uses alot of ram

I have a 3440x1440 100hz and a 2560x1440 60hz monitor (for tv,movies,youtube,music)

Twitch, youtube video, cam chat (watching 1 cam) and tv (not full screen), cpu 3.4 ghz on all cores all the time 75 to around 85% cpu usage and only 61% use of my ram (4.8 gb, taskmanager show i have 7.9 gb ram) Using windows 10 64 bit and Bitdefender total security 2016 antivirus

4 hours ago, gasolin said:

Im not shure why shockwave crash in chrome, i guess a newer version of chrome is not as stable in turns of shockwave flash

Not shure if it froze because of not having enough ram (funny enough if that was the case since i have ordered new ram today) chrome also uses alot of ram

I have a 3440x1440 100hz and a 2560x1440 60hz monitor (for tv,movies,youtube,music)

Twitch, youtube video, cam chat (watching 1 cam) and tv (not full screen), cpu 3.4 ghz on all cores all the time 75 to around 85% cpu usage and only 61% use of my ram (4.8 gb, taskmanager show i have 7.9 gb ram) Using windows 10 64 bit and Bitdefender total security 2016 antivirus

Chrome is removing support for flash. That's why it's more prone to crashing.