Finding some ear-phones

Electro_XD

Hi, I'm currently finding some in-ear earphones for about $120 - $180.

I'm currently using the Shure se215 special edition for about a year and a half, however, the connector in one of the ear pieces came loose and I lost one of the side, and I'm looking for an upgrade. 

My main requirements for my earphones would mostly be isolation and comfort, I want a earphone that I could use while sleeping on my side, and also have good isolation since I'll use this almost everyday on the bus. 

Are there any earphones that fit these requirements? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, Electro_XD said:

Hi, I'm currently finding some in-ear earphones for about $120 - $180.

I'm currently using the Shure se215 special edition for about a year and a half, however, the connector in one of the ear pieces came loose and I lost one of the side, and I'm looking for an upgrade. 

My main requirements for my earphones would mostly be isolation and comfort, I want a earphone that I could use while sleeping on my side, and also have good isolation since I'll use this almost everyday on the bus. 

Are there any earphones that fit these requirements? 

Thanks

So, you want an upgrade, but you want it to have all of the same features, and you're not willing to pay any more to get something better. Basically, you're stuck with the SE215. That being said, the SE215 is a fantastic IEM for the price, especially if you need to be able to sleep in it, and you need really good isolation.

How did you break the connector/lose one side? From what I've heard (and seen, since myself and several friends own several of the Shure SE line), they don't break unless you step on them, more or less. Also, the connectors don't break unless you connect and disconnect the cable a lot (why would anyone do that?)....

Honestly, I would just email/call Shure and see if they can repair/replace for you. It will likely be cheaper than buying a new set, and they'd be good as new. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

9 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

So, you want an upgrade, but you want it to have all of the same features, and you're not willing to pay any more to get something better. Basically, you're stuck with the SE215. That being said, the SE215 is a fantastic IEM for the price, especially if you need to be able to sleep in it, and you need really good isolation.

How did you break the connector/lose one side? From what I've heard (and seen, since myself and several friends own several of the Shure SE line), they don't break unless you step on them, more or less. Also, the connectors don't break unless you connect and disconnect the cable a lot (why would anyone do that?)....

Honestly, I would just email/call Shure and see if they can repair/replace for you. It will likely be cheaper than buying a new set, and they'd be good as new. 

The connector on the earpiece itself became loose and I lost it, so now I only have one side of it. 

At the time I've purchased my earphones, they were about $90, and I'd thought that $30-$90 would be a reasonable amount for an upgrade. Being unfamiliar in the audio community, I don't know what amount money I need to add in order to get a better earphone in terms of quality. 

I have used the se215 (recived for free) and the special edition of it for about 3 years and I'd thought a change would be nice.

32 minutes ago, Electro_XD said:

The connector on the earpiece itself became loose and I lost it, so now I only have one side of it. 

At the time I've purchased my earphones, they were about $90, and I'd thought that $30-$90 would be a reasonable amount for an upgrade. Being unfamiliar in the audio community, I don't know what amount money I need to add in order to get a better earphone in terms of quality. 

I have used the se215 (recived for free) and the special edition of it for about 3 years and I'd thought a change would be nice.

The RHA T20/T10 might be up your alley. Not 100% sure that you can sleep in them, but they have a pretty similar design to the Shures.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

5 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

The RHA T20/T10 might be up your alley. Not 100% sure that you can sleep in them, but they have a pretty similar design to the Shures.

I've heard good things from the T10s from RHA, but ATM, the 425 from Shures are the same prices from where I live. What are the differences and which one should I go for?

20 hours ago, Electro_XD said:

I've heard good things from the T10s from RHA, but ATM, the 425 from Shures are the same prices from where I live. What are the differences and which one should I go for?

Well, the Shure SE425 are my favorite IEM. I've never had the chance to personally listen to the T10 or the T20, but I can tell you that the Shure SE425 has a really nice sound. I think Shure may have updated them at some point, because I don't feel like the highs lack extension at all (if anything, my Oppo PM-3 lacks treble extension) and the bass is fantastic. It's very well extended to all but the absolute lowest registers, but it sounds fantastic. Even when listening to bass heavy tracks, I never want for more bass.

The mids are, of course, amazing. It is a Shure product, after all. I would vote for the Shure's, personally. (I even like the 425 better than I do the 535.)

Hey! New SIgnature!