Having trouble finding 1155 Motherboard

I'm looking for a motherboard to support my i7-2600 as my current one does not support a recent enough BIOS for modern graphics cards. It seems almost impossible to find any 1155 motherboards that are not either very expensive or very cheap such that they will not last long.

31 minutes ago, Anglogang said:

I'm looking for a motherboard to support my i7-2600 as my current one does not support a recent enough BIOS for modern graphics cards. It seems almost impossible to find any 1155 motherboards that are not either very expensive or very cheap such that they will not last long.

Wat. That really shouldn't affect the usage of graphics cards unless the slot is PCIe 1.0 or something.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Wat. That really shouldn't affect the usage of graphics cards unless the slot is PCIe 1.0 or something.

I installed a GTX 960 on it, and got an error code of 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, which I found out meant that the BIOS was not up to date and unable to use the graphics card. Even with the latest BIOS update for it, it still did not function.

Just now, Anglogang said:

I installed a GTX 960 on it, and got an error code of 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, which I found out meant that the BIOS was not up to date and unable to use the graphics card. Even with the latest BIOS update for it, it still did not function.

What motherboard is it?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, Anglogang said:

Yeah you were probably right in the OP, motherboards that are PCIe 1.0A or 1.1 need a BIOS update to use PCIe cards past gen 2.1.. Your best bet for finding a 1155 socket motherboard is on eBay or craigslist or things like that.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah you were probably right in the OP, motherboards that are PCIe 1.0A or 1.1 need a BIOS update to use PCIe cards past gen 2.1.. Your best bet for finding a 1155 socket motherboard is on eBay or craigslist or things like that.

Thank you very much!