UDP port forward not working

Hello peeps, 

Having a bad time with learning this networking malarkey moving from a marked dislike to software and programming, I'm a simple fella, I like my hardware and my hands, not so much when it comes to software. Sure I love Linux and the terminal, but telling a PC what to do with commands isn't much different than a GUI so I don't count that. Much like that, networking is something I know my way around better than most but no where near enough it seems, as TCP protocol onports are open but UDP protocol fails, I tried in the Linux Game Server Manager page ion Github, but had little success working out a solution but maybe found a lead as to why. (hyperlink https://github.com/GameServerManagers/LinuxGSM/issues/1099#issuecomment-251620542). I port forwarded Minecraft ok, being a TCP game it worked well, but a Rust server I tried failed. I have all firewalls off (I had them on low but putting them off didn't make much difference) and tried the basic stuff, but we think we narrowed it down to my router/gateway unit. It is a Huawai  HG658c from Vodafone, actually not a terrible unit with ok WiFi, but has a lot of settings you could loose a dog in, any help would be very much appreciated

--Joshua. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Who are you, Joe Biden?

em, no, why?

Yours faithfully