Weird CSGO 30 fps cap?

Cnidarian1
Go to solution Solved by MisterZero,

Check if DVR is on in the Xbox App.
It's a known problem and is sticky'd in the Steam Discussion thread for CSGO. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/350542145703363730/)

Hi guys,

I just turned CSGO on for the first time in a while, and was very surprised that gameplay seemed sluggish. On closer inspection, I found that FPS was capped at 30 for some reason. I don't have vsync on in either AMD settings (actually CSGO doesn't even appear in my AMD settings) or in-game. However, when I turn vsync on for a second and then turn it off, the framecap goes completely away.

My specs:

60 Hz monitor

i5-6500

AMD R9 270

Windows 10 Anniversary update

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the problem? Thank you!

Hi guys,

I just turned CSGO on for the first time in a while, and was very surprised that gameplay seemed sluggish. On closer inspection, I found that FPS was capped at 30 for some reason. I don't have vsync on in either AMD settings (actually CSGO doesn't even appear in my AMD settings) or in-game. However, when I turn vsync on for a second and then turn it off, the framecap goes completely away.

My specs:

60 Hz monitor

i5-6500

AMD R9 270

Check if DVR is on in the Xbox App.
It's a known problem and is sticky'd in the Steam Discussion thread for CSGO. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/350542145703363730/)

Hi guys,

My specs:

60 Hz monitor

i5-6500

AMD R9 270

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

11 hours ago, Cnidarian1 said:

Hi guys,

My specs:

60 Hz monitor

i5-6500

AMD R9 270

Dude reinstall CSGO if not try a new HDMI cord or DP/VGA/Other and if that dosnt work try using a diffrent HDMI port your HDMI port might not be 2.0 so It could be running in 4K @ 30FPS instead of 1080p @ 60FPS

When you launch the game ALT-TAB to desktop then back in. Does this on my friends AMD machine.