New build wont boot

21rkosta

ive tried the obvious such as checking all power supply cables were good and checking the seating of everything and switching the reset switch location so the reset switch will power it on (to check if the power button is broken) and im still coming up with nothing, when the DP cable is plugged in to GPU (1060 6gb windforce oc) and also plugged into monitor nothing happens, but when i plug in the power supply cable the monitor goes out of hibernation and goes to DP input, it doesnt detect anything but im wondering if this could narrow down the possible problems, my mobo has a post code display (msi gaming m5) but its not reading anything, got any clever ideas to try?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Perhaps a moderator can move this thread to the Troubleshooting forum.

@21rkosta: remove gpu, use onboard display to simplify troubleshooting. 

• Are both 24-pin and 8-pin power cables well seated on the motherboard?
  • With rear switch on psu on, are there any light led on the motherboard?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@brob your questions = yes, no

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

3 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@brob your questions = yes, no

1. New components?
  2. Can the psu be tried in another system?
  3. Can a different psu be tried with the motherboard?

@brob sorry for getting back to u so late, the psu was tested with a multimeter so we are fairly sure that it works, i have a very similar build, (same ram type, same socket and chipsey) that currently works so im thinking of doing it the testbench way and testing each part on the non working pc individualy in the working pc so i can find out what parts not working

7 hours ago, 21rkosta said:

@brob sorry for getting back to u so late, the psu was tested with a multimeter so we are fairly sure that it works, i have a very similar build, (same ram type, same socket and chipsey) that currently works so im thinking of doing it the testbench way and testing each part on the non working pc individualy in the working pc so i can find out what parts not working

Did you test at the end of each power cable being used?

If it isn't psu and if no motherboard led is light, it's more than likely the motherboard.