Titan X how long will it last.

Hello

So since most of the 10 Series cards fron Nvidia are out now i may consider updating to a 1080.

At the moment i use a maxwell Titan X from gigabyte at 2560x1440 and its running OK.

Nothing crazy i play mostly league and overwatch and i know only for that games a Titan X will hold long.

But what about new Titels?

so my question is, how long will i be abel to play new games at decenf settings with 40 or more fps?

regrds

7 minutes ago, terrorsquad said:

Hello

So since most of the 10 Series cards fron Nvidia are out now i may consider updating to a 1080.

At the moment i use a maxwell Titan X from gigabyte at 2560x1440 and its running OK.

Nothing crazy i play mostly league and overwatch and i know only for that games a Titan X will hold long.

so my question is, how long will i be abel to play new games at decenf settings with 40 or more fps?

regrds

It should still be fine for a few years at that resolution before you need to upgrade (2-3 at high settings probs). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

41 minutes ago, terrorsquad said:

Hello

regrds

Depends on what you call "decent". If you are willing to lower stuff down rather than having everything at max, the Titan XM will likely last you 5 years, probably even more. If you demand quality, though, expect it's lifespam to be lower than that.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Really depends on the games you play. Overwatch, Counter Strike, and W.O.W. will be fine until the end of time. But legit AAA games may need an upgrade to play at ultra in three or even less years.