Mac Pro Desktop officially hasn't been updated in over 1000 days

goodtofufriday

Yeah all about the cost. I really liked firewire back in the days. Was faster, you could daisy chain it and there was little feature on my Macbook not avaible on usb. Like the ability to put your laptop in "Target drive mode" and connect to other computer to be recognized as an HDD. Made it so simple to tranfert files fast and reliably.

On the topic, the Mac Pro is still probably the fastest mac available. Pro's using it are surely doing things like Final Cut and other exclusive software. Will they switch because it's been too long ? Probably not. It will take longer than that. And by that time, if the Mac Pro is updated, they'll just stick to it. Changing the workflow of a whole team can be time consuming and just not worth it. 

33 minutes ago, dmegatool said:

Yeah all about the cost. I really liked firewire back in the days. Was faster, you could daisy chain it and there was little feature on my Macbook not avaible on usb. Like the ability to put your laptop in "Target drive mode" and connect to other computer to be recognized as an HDD. Made it so simple to tranfert files fast and reliably.

On the topic, the Mac Pro is still probably the fastest mac available. Pro's using it are surely doing things like Final Cut and other exclusive software. Will they switch because it's been too long ? Probably not. It will take longer than that. And by that time, if the Mac Pro is updated, they'll just stick to it. Changing the workflow of a whole team can be time consuming and just not worth it. 

Not to mention FCP is much faster than Premiere/After Effects (even on much weaker hardware), so if FCP has all the features you need, even FCP on outdated hardware is better than Premiere/After Effects on top end hardware. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 10/4/2016 at 11:10 AM, kaiju_wars said:

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't.  Regardless, I don't agree with the removal of the headphone jack.  

I very much do agree with their decision, listening to music or videos or whatever on the go is a huge pain in the ass when you have tangled wires or your doing an activity and you accidentally rip one or both earbuds out or yank the headphones off your head. There's also the problem of the wires just plain and simple gettin g worn out and breaking or doing some weird shit so they cease to function. 

For or these reasons even before they removed the headphone jack I've used wireless headphones. I've never used earbuds though those always fall out of my ears for some reason. 

Now its it's just one less place for dust to collect.

Apple, come on....

Bah, who would buy an intergalactic trash can anyways?

You know a post is serious when Linus replies tough...

#DixOutForLinusSexTips.

Groomlake Authority