WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!?

Go to solution Solved by Cacao,

The FTW cards are simply binned better (not sure how to say that, but you get what I mean), so you're essentially buying the silicon lottery. They will overclock better than other cards.

They seem to have slightly different coolers. It's only $20, too.

Spoiler

The FTW cards are simply binned better (not sure how to say that, but you get what I mean), so you're essentially buying the silicon lottery. They will overclock better than other cards.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

There are only two differences that I can see from the EVGA website too... The more expensive one has the ACX cooler and the EVGA website says it has a display port while the cheaper one doesnt have the ACX cooler and doesnt have 'display port' (I'm looking at the features tab for the specific products here, everything else is the same!) So... you may well be paying extra money for a port that both cards actually have and a slightly different cooler.

-Shrugs-

Current gaming rig: i5 3570k, Asus P8Z77-V, Asus GeForce GTX 660Ti, Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) 1600MHz (blue), Corsair AX760i, Corsair Graphite 600T, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, NZXT Hue, NZXT Sentry Mesh, WD Caviar Black 1TB.

Current gaming laptop: Scan 3XS Graphite LG175, i7 4700QM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M, Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) 1600MHZ, Samsung 840 Pro 128gb, WD Scorpio Black 500gb.

There are only two differences that I can see from the EVGA website too... The more expensive one has the ACX cooler and the EVGA website says it has a display port while the cheaper one doesnt have the ACX cooler and doesnt have 'display port' (I'm looking at the features tab for the specific products here, everything else is the same!) So... you may well be paying extra money for a port that both cards actually have and a slightly different cooler.

-Shrugs-

Both coolers are ACX when they look like that, it's the ACX version. 

They seem to have slightly different coolers. It's only $20, too.

Technically 30 dollars, but no the coolers are exactly the same. 

Technically 30 dollars, but no the coolers are exactly the same. 

No they aren't. One of them is larger than the other by about an inch both ways.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/