Want to rip from Blu Ray disc

Hi to those of you who are reading this!

I have recently decided that I want to rip and save a copy of my favourite Blu Rays to my pc with a view to building a home server or NAS in the future but while building my rig (linked below) I intentionally went for a setup without an optical drive for a cleaner internal look but now that I want to rip from Blu Rays I require an optical drive capable of doing so.

I have done a bit of online googling and reading but I'm just unsure which optical drive to go for, should I go for an external Blu Ray drive that connects via USB or an internal drive that I can remove after use.

Any help / input on this would be massively appreciated, also if this is in the wrong thread please feel free to suggest where I should move it to.

Personal Build

i5-4460 | BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 | MSI Z97 – Gaming 3 | Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB | Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | SanDisk Z400s 256 GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | NXZT S340

It's really a matter of personal preference. There's really no difference in performance between the 2.

Definitely a external, not just because of the case you have but because they come in handy especially if you work on a lot of PCs.