Best Case Fans for my situation

Dive5885

So I just got my Crossfire 390X setup and well.. I named my build "The Volcano"..

Jokes aside, I need to invest in some quality case fans to keep my case, and components as cool as possible.

I bought case fans before, and usually end up selling them because I'm not satisfied with them.

So to stop that I need some advice!

140mm Fans is what I'm looking for.

Let me know what fans you would recommend!

Thanks!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

i feel in love with these for the price, they are super quite and move a good amount of air plus the bearing should last longer than my pc. there is also a post just below this that list some high presure static fans and those listed at outstandin aswell. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002&cm_re=cougar_fans-_-35-553-002-_-Product

that post, only reason why there is only one post is because he pretty much said the best fans i can think of for that type of use. 

i would also take fan spec with a grain of salt as they are one trying to sell you something and 2 done under idle conditions.

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I have seen that fan so many times but never thought it was worth getting

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

4 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

I have seen that fan so many times but never thought it was worth getting

they don't seem to get much love around the block, the black ones are nice too. i can run them at max speed and they are still pretty quite. people tend to buy corsair then hate them and jump right to noucta, too much money for me. also what did you get rid of the other fans you bought? this might be able to point us in a better direction of what to offer you. this guy seemed to do pretty good reviews, but nothing is new from him i think. 

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

they don't seem to get much love around the block, the black ones are nice too. i can run them at max speed and they are still pretty quite.

Would this cougar fan be as good as the orange one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553018

If you are going to be running with PWM control and you want massive headroom I'd look into these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608048&cm_re=noctua_ippc-_-35-608-048-_-Product

They are a bit loud on startup (before the PWM control kicks in), however extremely effective. I run a pair of them on my H110i GT rather than the stock fans.

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

also what did you get rid of the other fans you bought? this might be able to point us in a better direction of what to offer you. this guy seemed to do pretty good reviews, but nothing is new from him i think. 

I got rid of the Thermaltake Riing Fans.

2 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

yes and no, it's a 3 pin fan which isn't bad on its own it just only really has 3 setting based on voltage. for a case fan no problem but cpu fans should be pmw and i prefer pmw fans if you have a 4 pin headers. a 4 pin will give you more control over speed and will have a lest ramp up noise as it will scaled better. i've not used these in as i got the black/orange ones and haven't looked back.

3 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

I got rid of the Thermaltake Riing Fans.

why, too loud, not enough airflow for you? they look like high static pressure just because the blade type. i've never had those nor i do i test a lot of fans so, i can only go on my own experience which is limited;sorry. also colored led fans have never been a favorite of mine, it seemed like more marketing than performance but, i could just be biased after having a friend with some corsair fans. 

Just now, blackadder said:

why, too loud, not enough airflow for you? they look like high static pressure just because the blade type. i've never had those nor i do i test a lot of fans so, i can only go on my own experience which is limited;sorry. 

I used them as intakes but wasn't really happy with the amount of air they moved.

6 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

I used them as intakes but wasn't really happy with the amount of air they moved.

ah, in that case i've always heard good things about these

http://www.akasa.com.tw/search.php?seed=AK-FN057

not the best bearing but 50k hours is like 3 years so, up to you. are temps a problem? if not then how much air is really flowing is already sufficient and adding fans would add more noise unless you lower rpm.  with crossfire, if you have a side panel case fan slot this would just be about the only time i would use them, just to suck some air out around that area as one the gpus is going to dump a ton of hot air into the other one almost immediately  and not too much we can do about it because the distance between them is so small. 

45 minutes ago, blackadder said:

not the best bearing but 50k hours is like 3 years so, up to you. are temps a problem? if not then how much air is really flowing is already sufficient and adding fans would add more noise unless you lower rpm.  with crossfire, if you have a side panel case fan slot this would just be about the only time i would use them, just to suck some air out around that area as one the gpus is going to dump a ton of hot air into the other one almost immediately  and not too much we can do about it because the distance between them is so small. 

Well I wouldn't say temps are a problem but I had 2 intake and 1 exhaust which was my AIO.

If I could reduce my temps in the case that would be great, So I thought new intake and exhaust fans would do the trick.

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

they very well could but, something like 1 to 3c would be my best guess and up to 5c if airfow was really bad. gpus temps probably will drop even less as they just put out so much heat and sensors are right on the pcb. if you can move the AIO to the top and put to intakes on the front you would probably be in a better position if that's a option. most components are fairly heat tolerant so as long as temps are decent you won't have any noticeable decrease in life of parts. gpu caps are often rated at 40-50c with psu's being tested in that range too, your case temps are most likely below well that range so, all should be good.  40c is about 104 f, pretty hot and something you would most likely notice. 

8 hours ago, Dive5885 said:

No, Dual-X's aren't as good as Vortexes and are more prone to resonating. They're still good fans though.

8 hours ago, blackadder said:

yes and no, it's a 3 pin fan which isn't bad on its own it just only really has 3 setting based on voltage.

No, it's not limited to 3 settings. If you're referring to using 5v or 7v resistors, the same would apply to pwm fans.

8 hours ago, blackadder said:

Apache's are good and have a more static pressure oriented design. For case fans, designs like those on the Turbine or Dual-X would be better. 

@Dive5885

What are your specs and load temps? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, Dual-X's aren't as good as Vortexes and are more prone to resonating. They're still good fans though.

No, it's not limited to 3 settings. If you're referring to using 5v or 7v resistors, the same would apply to pwm fans.

Apache's are good and have a more static pressure oriented design. For case fans, designs like those on the Turbine or Dual-X would be better. 

@Dive5885

What are your specs and load temps? Budget?

For the top 390X It goes anywhere from 68c - 82c.

The bottom 390X seems to be around 60c-68c.

My AIO which is my only exhaust fan, Temps can be in the 50c - 68c depending on if my front panel door is open or not.

I don't have a budget so I'm open to anything, and the case I have is the Thermaltake Suppressor F31.

I thought about getting a new case but I just got this one a few weeks ago but I don't know lol..

2 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

For the top 390X It goes anywhere from 68c - 82c.

The bottom 390X seems to be around 60c-68c.

My AIO which is my only exhaust fan, Temps can be in the 50c - 68c depending on if my front panel door is open or not.

I don't have a budget so I'm open to anything, and just the case I have is the Thermaltake Suppressor F31.

I thought about getting a new case but I just got this one a few weeks ago but I don't know lol..

Those temps are perfectly fine. 

Are your current fans too loud or did you intend to oc?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those temps are perfectly fine. 

Are your current fans too loud or did you intend to oc?

Not loud but I expected better out of them.

It would be nice to OC but all the heat the 390X cards put out either goes through the AIO, which raises my cpu temp's or through the top of the case.

I removed all 3 sound dampening panels to allow more of the hot air to escape.

1 minute ago, Dive5885 said:

Not loud but I expected better out of them.

It would be nice to OC but all the heat the 390X cards put out either goes through the AIO, which raises my cpu temp's or through the top of the case.

I removed all 3 sound dampening panels to allow more of the hot air to escape.

If you're referring to the system listed in your sig, having your cpu temps higher is perfectly fine. The 4930k has no issue when kept under ~85c.

If your current cooling isn't too loud, I wouldn't bother replacing your fans since your temps are fine.

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're referring to the system listed in your sig, having your cpu temps higher is perfectly fine. The 4930k has no issue when kept under ~85c.

If your current cooling isn't too loud, I wouldn't bother replacing your fans since your temps are fine.

Okay, It's a little to late as I already sold the fans so now I have to look for new ones.

13 minutes ago, Dive5885 said:

Okay, It's a little to late as I already sold the fans so now I have to look for new ones.

In that case, you could go with SW3's: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/x9cMnQ/be-quiet-bl065-595-cfm-140mm-fan-bl065

or NF-A14's if you want more performance: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/dwR48d/noctua-case-fan-nfa14pwm