Stay Frosty

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

Thanks. I think Ill go with the H7 because its cheaper but still reliable and a good cooler for what I'm using my pc for. Also, for $14 more dollars its only 2dB quieter which is nothing. Do you agree?

The H7 is indeed cheaper but it's louder, heavier, moves less air & is compatible with fewer sockets. I'd go with the H5 because of it's better over all specs & flexibility on a wider range of Intel CPU's.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

6 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

On the bottom line, I think I should buy the Cryorig H7 because I have a flight sim which is CPU intensive.

Either would be fine with your cpu pinned at 100%. It's just a different matter when raising voltage for oc'ing.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

The H7 is indeed cheaper but it's louder, heavier, moves less air & is compatible with fewer sockets. I'd go with the H5 because of it's better over all specs & flexibility on a wider range of Intel CPU's.

I checked on the cryorig website and saw that the H7 wasn't heavier. 2dB is nothing and I will probably be usig headphones so I won't notice it. It might be compatible with fewer socket sbut it is compatible with the socket that I am using. How does it move less air?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Either would be fine with your cpu pinned at 100%. It's just a different matter when raising voltage for oc'ing.

Im sorry I dont understand what you mean when you say raising voltage for overclocking. Could you please explain it to me.

Just now, Riles4365 said:

Im sorry I dont understand what you mean when you say raising voltage for overclocking. Could you please explain it to me.

Higher clocks will often require more voltage to maintain stability and higher voltage can result in more heat.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

I checked on the cryorig website and saw that the H7 wasn't heavier. 2dB is nothing and I will probably be usig headphones so I won't notice it. It might be compatible with fewer socket sbut it is compatible with the socket that I am using. How does it move less air?

Oh, well I guess Newegg is wrong again then on the product specs. Go with the H7 as it likely is better, whoever edited the info at Newegg must of got them confused or something. Logically the next gen of something is always a slight improvement over the previous, H7 being the newest & H5 oldest.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Higher clocks will often require more voltage to maintain stability and higher voltage can result in more heat.

I don't think I will be doing much overclocking so it will stay cool. Thanks for the explanation

5 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Oh, well I guess Newegg is wrong again then on the product specs. Go with the H7 as it likely is better, whoever edited the info at Newegg must of got them confused or something. Logically the next gen of something is always a slight improvement over the previous, H7 being the newest & H5 oldest.

Cool. Thanks. I'm ready to build. I am ordering a Phantek Eclipse P400 as my case. Would that cooler fit inside there?

7 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

This was on the cryorig website.

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 4.46.15 pm.png

7 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

No, the H7 is not better. The H5 is the bigger brother and the better cooler in all aspects besides being larger and not fitting in as many cases. 

@Riles4365 No need to make several threads on the same discussion. They have been merged.

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Cool. Thanks. I'm ready to build. I am ordering a Phantek Eclipse P400 as my case. Would that cooler fit inside there?

Well according to Newegg the height of the H7 is 145mm, that case's maximum acceptable CPU cooler height is 160mm. So yes it will fit providing Newegg didn't goof again.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, the H7 is not better. The H5 is the bigger brother and the better cooler in all aspects besides being larger and not fitting in as many cases. 

@Riles4365 No need to make several threads on the same discussion. They have been merged.

sorry

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I dont need an H5 because I wont really be overclocking so is the H7 a good option?

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

I dont need an H5 because I wont really be overclocking so is the H7 a good option?

Both are good coolers, the H5 is just better but if you'd rather not pay that much the H7 will be fine for you.

1 minute ago, Mike Soda said:

Both are good coolers, the H5 is just better but if you'd rather not pay that much the H7 will be fine for you.

cool. I am going with H7

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Yes, the H7 is a good option. If you're not doing any substantial oc'ing, any of the mentioned coolers will work fine.