Hit the Craigslist Jackpot?

vSyNd1c4t3
Go to solution Solved by vSyNd1c4t3,

Alright guys, I'm back with a conclusion!

These are my spoils.

#Scrapyardwars

20160930_221403.jpg

20160930_221529.jpg

Hey guys, I'm buying this computer off Craigslist for $500, what do you think?

Yes, it is coming with everything listed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nXdTM8

Edit:

Conclusion was reached. I bought it! :)

Check for pictures in the thread.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

The fuck is that deal, Jesus that's good. Get itttttt. :P But there may be problems, like the CPU or gpu may be bricked, the monitor may have dead pixels, or the worst backlight bleed in the world, or something... Idk.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, PCNoobie said:

Do you mean $1500?

Nope, no typos.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

It seems reeeeeeeeally fishy, I'd be careful and ask a lot of questions, doesn't hurt to be prepared for the worst!

Also, how the F*** did you stumble across this and why are they selling so low?

"Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games" - BadAtVideogamesMan

Just now, Ashiella said:

The fuck is that deal, Jesus that's good. Get itttttt. :P But there may be problems, like the CPU or gpu may be bricked, the monitor may have dead pixels, or the worst backlight bleed in the world, or something... Idk.

Yea, I'm going to try and give it a good go over before I buy it. So we'll see.

That is dirty cheap! I would consider if there is any problem with that pc.

whoever built that is a fucking idiot, who throws an almost $500 high end motherboard with a $230 cpu of that kind, with a shitty psu to top it off

Might as well, you could easily get your cash back on it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If you really are getting everything there for 500$ the seller is insane. I'd check that CPU cooler before powering on but even if that and a couple of the other components are dead holy shit nice find.

i7-6700k | Cooler Master 212x | ASUS ROG Strix 1080 | 16 gigs Avexir Raiden Green RAM (because plasma tubes always improve performance) | ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Green

Build Pre Water Cooling: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/np9J7P

Holy shit a 400 dollar mobo that cost almost as my 500 pre built

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

whoever built that is a fucking idiot, who throws an almost $500 motherboard with a $230 cpu of that kind, with a shitty psu to top it off

The Z97 Sabertooth boards retailed for about/less than half what the price is there. If the seller bought the PC when they were at their normal price, it would mean it was about $250 - $300 cheaper than the PCPP suggests. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

The Z97 Sabertooth boards retailed for about/less than half what the price is there. If the seller bought the PC when they were at their normal price, it would mean it was about $250 - $300 cheaper than the PCPP suggests. 

Oh, okay then. My point about the PSU still stands lol

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

whoever built that is a fucking idiot, who throws an almost $500 motherboard with a $230 cpu of that kind, with a shitty psu to top it off

Well, whenever they built it, the motherboard probably didnt cost that much at the time. Prices on z97 has gone up recently.

1 minute ago, why_ said:

If you really are getting everything there for 500$ the seller is insane. I'd check that CPU cooler before powering on but even if that and a couple of the other components are dead holy shit nice find.

Yea, I'll probably only get about 30 mins to look it over. Local Starbucks, will be setting up the whole thing there. Fun times.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That motherboard cost at most $300 brand new, it's just the Amazon listing inflating the price of a discontinued item.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Did the sell actually list the parts out that specifically? Certainly a good find, you'd spend about $700-800 in used parts trying to put it together.

5 minutes ago, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

Well, whenever they built it, the motherboard probably didnt cost that much at the time. Prices on z97 has gone up recently.

Yea, I'll probably only get about 30 mins to look it over. Local Starbucks, will be setting up the whole thing there. Fun times.

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That motherboard cost at most $300 brand new, it's just the Amazon listing inflating the price of a discontinued item.

I realize that lol

I was originally just looking for a Monitor, this showed up, the guy said he'd sell the monitor for $150, and that's all I was going to get. When I told him I was semi interested in the Tower, he offered full package for $500.

I know to be skeptical, probably give it a good 30 min go over.

2 minutes ago, vSyNd1c4t3 said:

I was originally just looking for a Monitor, this showed up, the guy said he'd sell the monitor for $150, and that's all I was going to get. When I told him I was semi interested in the Tower, he offered full package for $500.

I know to be skeptical, probably give it a good 30 min go over.

Make sure everything works before you buy. Run stress tests, benchmarks, etc.

If everything works that's the deal of the century.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Make sure everything works before you buy. Run stress tests, benchmarks, etc.

If everything works that's the deal of the century.

Making a flash drive now with all the programs I'll need to do that.

I've always been skeptical about buying stuff off craigslist. However, I bought several parts for my current rig off craigslist, Including an i5-4690k for $140 and an MSI R9 270 for $60, and they've all worked flawlessly.  Either I'm Really lucky, or PC enthusiasts are just more trustworthy than most.  IDK, hope it works out for you

1 minute ago, Ctown0812 said:

I've always been skeptical about buying stuff off craigslist. However, I bought several parts for my current rig off craigslist, Including an i5-4690k for $140 and an MSI R9 270 for $60, and they've all worked flawlessly.  Either I'm Really lucky, or PC enthusiasts are just more trustworthy than most.  IDK, hope it works out for you

Yea I buy many things off Craigslist. Already talked to this guy over the phone, seemed like a standup guy.

The rig isn't actually going to be for me, it's going to be for my son. I already have what's in my sig.

I remember a thread about someone paying $20 or $25 for a whole PC with a 3rd gen unlocked i5 at a garage sale or something ... so yeah, those types of deals exists, but are extremely rare!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Alright got some programs downloaded and on a flash drive, should be good to test it out when I get my hands on it.

Nvidia Inspector, Cinebench, Unigine Heaven, CPU-Z, HWMonitor, and Geforce Experience.

Anything else you guys would add to this?

Alright guys, I'm back with a conclusion!

These are my spoils.

#Scrapyardwars

20160930_221403.jpg

20160930_221529.jpg