Flagship ANDROID device from 2014-2015 that does not suck

Đỗ Đức Huy

My old Blackberry z3 is kicking the bucket soon and I'm looking to replace it with a flagship device of that vintage (not that rich and phones are pretty much feature complete since then). I'm quite invested in the Google eco system so and iPhone suggestion is going to meet the boot. TYA

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

2 minutes ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

My old Blackberry z3 is kicking the bucket soon and I'm looking to replace it with a flagship device of that vintage (not that rich and phones are pretty much feature complete since then). I'm quite invested in the Google eco system so and iPhone suggestion is going to meet the boot. TYA

lg g3/ g4

They all kinda sucks now. Unless your buying the latest phone you're not gonna get the best experience. I own a LG G3 and it's not even that old but it's lacking allot of the new features of new flagships and it kinda sucks sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

do you have a price range as I am quite knowledgeable in the mobile market and can help

Nexus 5X or 6P. you can also wait for october 4th which is when the pixel phones will be announced, but they're rumored to cost over $600 (financing available)

3 minutes ago, asapansh said:

lg g3/ g4

go with the G4. the G3's screen is horrible 

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Nexus 5X or 6P. you can also wait for october 4th which is when the pixel phones will be announced, but they're rumored to cost over $600 (financing available)

go with the G4. the G3's screen is horrible 

G4 they drops like flies from manufacturing defects 

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

9 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

They all kinda sucks now. Unless your buying the latest phone you're not gonna get the best experience. I own a LG G3 and it's not even that old but it's lacking allot of the new features of new flagships and it kinda sucks sometimes.

custom rom/kernel/ cpu governor and you will like it again

i own one and yeah that part sucked when i had to send it back but they are crazy cheap

Just now, asapansh said:

Yea but that's not easy to do and there isn't any good reliable resources out there to show people how to do that kind of stuff. I once bricked my phone and it took me nearly 2 days to flash the stock rom back on and now it restarted every few days on its own.

Just now, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

never heard of that.. in that case go with a nexus 

Just now, asapansh said:

i did that sort of thing often with my G3, and little to no improvement. still swapped batteries halfway through the day 

Just now, Kilobytez95 said:

Yea but that's not easy to do and there isn't any good reliable resources out there to show people how to do that kind of stuff. I once bricked my phone and it took me nearly 2 days to flash the stock rom back on and now it restarted every few days on its own.

oh lol i am a rom dev and i havent used a phone since 2009 that hasn't run an operating system that i havent built or a least help made

Anyone have an opinion on the Z3, still heard the phone is still supported with Android N right?

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

never heard of that.. in that case go with a nexus 

i did that sort of thing often with my G3, and little to no improvement. still swapped batteries halfway through the day 

it will make an improvement if you optimize it well enough, but then again I spend hours and hours perfecting my kernel so I'm not exactly the end user

1 minute ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

Anyone have an opinion on the Z3, still heard the phone is still supported with Android N right?

are you comfortable with rooting and unlocking your bootloader?

4 minutes ago, asapansh said:

are you comfortable with rooting and unlocking your bootloader?

yeah if it is straight forward and not that harder than fixing a bent mobo pin then I'm all in

3 minutes ago, asapansh said:

it will make an improvement if you optimize it well enough, but then again I spend hours and hours perfecting my kernel so I'm not exactly the end user

what device are you developing the kernel for? 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

what device are you developing the kernel for? 

lg g4, I make my own version based on the cm kernel that uses elements of lama sweet but I dont make the most stable things so it is wip and still in alpha atm

yeah if it is straight forward and not that harder than fixing a bent mobo pin then I'm all in

then a Oneplus 2/3 or a nextbit robin will do just fine

1 minute ago, asapansh said:

then a Oneplus 2/3 or a nextbit robin will do just fine

not available where I lives, are there good roms for the Z3?

2 minutes ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

not available where I lives, are there good roms for the Z3?

yeah not too shabby It wont lose support in the near future by devs 

1 minute ago, asapansh said:

yeah not too shabby It wont lose support in the near future by devs 

any stupid bugs in it or is it feature complete vs official roms?