All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player

I wondered if anyone had posted about this, but judging by the questions on the product page, I am assuming that this is a new product set to be released soon.

The new All-New Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player.  It will start at 40.00 US dollars until people empty it from Amazon shelves.  It's pretty cool that dedicated streaming sticks are getting so cheap these days.  What I need to know now is whether the Chrome Stick devices can actually display my Google Slides presentations and receive live poll response results to questions I put out during a presentation.  I would love to do that!  Unfortunately, there are a few quirks Google is not willing to discuss like the set-up process, lack of features, video streaming difficulties, etc.  Now, I don't know much about what this new Amazon FireTV Stick promises, but I hope that it delivers on what it does.  It's similar to Intel's proof of concept pocket PC USB stick, except dedicated to streaming.

The whole point being I would like a fairly universal stick or box (for dependable ethernet connections) that can stream from PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, etc. and can have many different modes for live polling as well as video streaming and apps.  Cut the proprietary nonsense.

hmm doesn't stream at 4K (or HDR compatibility)? meanwhile the chromecast 4K is rumored to support 4K HDR... and will run around $70. granted, the new fire stick has a remote included plus alexa voice. would be interesting to see a comparison between the two 

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

hmm doesn't stream at 4K (or HDR compatibility)? meanwhile the chromecast 4K is rumored to support 4K HDR... and will run around $70. granted, the new fire stick has a remote included plus alexa voice. would be interesting to see a comparison between the two 

Can you find Chromecasts on Amazon?  I can't :(

Just now, VPrime said:

Can you find Chromecasts on Amazon?  I can't :(

weird that amazon doesn't carry the new chromecast... but you can usually get it from best buy, google store, walmart, etc...

as for the chromecast 4K, that'll be announced on october 4, along with pixel phones and other doodads like google home 

How is this new.  I bought one for my parents over a month ago. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.