I need some Tech Help.

Hello,

I recently got my brothers old components, and 4 of my USB3.0 Ports on the back of the PC don't work, I have an Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard and I know that when he was using the parts all ports worked, i'm pretty sure its a driver issue but I can't find the Asmedia USB3.0 drivers, is there any other driver i could install for them to work? also the Asmedia Drivers stop at Win8.1

If any of you guys could help that'd be great, I have read many forums out there but none of them helped with my problem, they just strayed into diffrerent motherboards. 

What O/S?

4 minutes ago, EnoughCarrots said:

Hello,

I recently got my brothers old components, and 4 of my USB3.0 Ports on the back of the PC don't work, I have an Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard and I know that when he was using the parts all ports worked, i'm pretty sure its a driver issue but I can't find the Asmedia USB3.0 drivers, is there any other driver i could install for them to work? also the Asmedia Drivers stop at Win8.1

If any of you guys could help that'd be great, I have read many forums out there but none of them helped with my problem, they just strayed into diffrerent motherboards. 

Just now, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

All of the drivers that you need should be on Asus' website. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z87PRO/HelpDesk_Download/ A power surge could have possibly blown out the usb ports on the back, but that's fairly unlikely.

I got the Parts 2-3 days ago, they have power to them, just don't read anything.

Like @TheProfessionalAmateurs said, you should be able to find the usb 3.0 drivers on the motherboard website. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Like @TheProfessionalAmateurs said, you should be able to find the usb 3.0 drivers on the motherboard website. 

I've already checked Asus, i didnt find any Win10 64bit USB drivers.

3 minutes ago, EnoughCarrots said:

I've already checked Asus, i didnt find any Win10 64bit USB drivers.

It's under the support tab in Chipset files. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/MEI_V11_0_0_1155_20150709_WHQL_1-5M.zip?_ga=1.226260570.1510463321.1473378248

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Here. Did it step by step using pictures.

Getting your driver.pdf

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

21 hours ago, PolosElite23 said:

Here. Did it step by step using pictures.

Getting your driver.pdf

So, i followed your steps and installed/repaired the drivers, but it didn't fix my problem, any other ideas?