Does Olympus make good cameras?

TopWargamer

First off, pardon my camera ignorance. It's an area of tech I'm trying to learn about and get into.

Looking into getting either a DSLR or mirrorless camera. Nothing fancy, just as a starter camera. I'm getting it through Best Buy (more than likely) simply so I can use my discount. There's an Olympus mirrorless camera popping up, but I have no idea good or bad Olympus. I know it's mainly all about the lenses, but if any of you have experience with an Olympus camera, how did you like it? Anything that stands out?

Specially I'm looking into getting the Olympus E-PL7.

Body w/ lens ($400) - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olympus-e-pl7-mirrorless-camera-with-14-42mm-2r-lens-black/8546021.p?skuId=8546021

Body w/o lens ($350) - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olympus-e-pl7-mirrorless-camera-body-only-black/8544032.p?skuId=8544032

(I was thinking about getting just the body and buying a decent lens separately.)

COMIC SANS

Yes, they make good cameras.  People will tell you to get alternative camera A or B, but manufacturers like Olympus are not known for producing bad cameras.  Of course some people will have negative opinions about camera model X from brand Y while others will have positive opinions.  But Olympus has been in business for decades, just like other brands such as Nikon and Canon.

If you're just starting out with photography, almost any camera you get will be a good starter camera.  My first camera was a simple point and shoot autofocus film camera with a tiny fixed lens, from about 25 years ago, while my dad had his Nikon F that he rarely let me use.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I would be more concered on the possibilities to buy lenses down the road. If the lens avalibility is decent and they don't cost a fortune I would just make sure the camera feels good in the hand and so on. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

1 hour ago, xQubeZx said:

I would be more concered on the possibilities to buy lenses down the road. If the lens avalibility is decent and they don't cost a fortune I would just make sure the camera feels good in the hand and so on. 

It's an MFT mount camera so other MFT lenses should be compatible.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins