Acronis cloning - 0% usage

mechanicalfluff

Hey all, trying to clone a drive.

Came with acronis. I haven't used a cloning tool, but I figured i'd give it a shot.

I selected the disks and clicked proceed to begin the clone. Now, the drives show as "Access is denied" with 0 bytes available. 

Opening task manager, it shows 0% disk usage on both drives. Is this normal?

I hear the head on the hard drive going crazy, but the 0% usage is boggling my mind

Insights?

Have you checked smart status on drives?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Hard drive:

542f5e213c14c4ddd173f21b870e7058.png

Trying to mess around and see if i can get any usage - i get this for the ssd (that i'm trying to clone to-- I hit NO  ): 

1028c59123445dbe5c6976a3feedfe06.png

Is the program currently running? Acronis I mean

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

Just now, meenmeen1103 said:

Is the program currently running? Acronis I mean

yes it is - but it's not doing anything :/

2db6c69f76c7154e0dbf443ed10e97eb.png

am i better off just using diskpart to clean both disks and start over? Treat it just as "lost" data? or is this somewhat recoverable?

I'm guessing you've tried cancelling operation and rebooting? It's not normal for it to hang at that point. I've used both an older version and more recently their 2016 free trial and both worked rather seamlessly

Just now, meenmeen1103 said:

I'm guessing you've tried cancelling operation and rebooting? It's not normal for it to hang at that point. I've used both an older version and more recently their 2016 free trial and both worked rather seamlessly

nah i haven't. When i started the process, it simply did the acronis "thinking wheel" and returned to the main menu. After that, my disks are showing as non-accessible 

3 minutes ago, mechanicalfluff said:

nah i haven't. When i started the process, it simply did the acronis "thinking wheel" and returned to the main menu. After that, my disks are showing as non-accessible 

I'd just reboot the system first before going straight for a format, would be a much less likelihood of losing data, then try again.

6 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

I'd just reboot the system first before going straight for a format, would be a much less likelihood of losing data, then try again.

....oh boy... 

a74402cf1cbc947f65278a29ba135815.png

Still kind of boggles my mind that both disks are showing 0% usage in EVERY application. Kinda dangerous i think lol

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 minutes ago, mechanicalfluff said:

....oh boy... 

a74402cf1cbc947f65278a29ba135815.png

Still kind of boggles my mind that both disks are showing 0% usage in EVERY application. Kinda dangerous i think lol

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ahh, up and running. Well, it makes sense that the program completely takes over the drives, that way even the OS can't make any changes while cloning.