New processors?

Hi guys! I just had a random thought. If apple's A10 processor is really fast and good, why don't we just stick a few of them on a mac? Like, they're very power efficient and don't kick off much heat. I think a few of them could potentially outperform the new mac. Also, same goes for windows. Make it so that people can stick a few exynos processors. My S7 edge uses exynos octa 8890, and I think a few of them can be used to create a 24-40 core pc for low cost and power consumption. I think also sticking a few heatsinks will help.

P. S. How good is the intel hd graphics 6000 1536 mb compared to desktop gpus? What gpus have similar perf as the hd graphics 6000? Thanks!

Well, they are mobile CPUs... they don't equate to full desktop CPUs (higher-end ones at least) without some compromise in performance for efficiency..

In essence, it's not possible because desktop and mobile CPU standards are too different

ARM (Apple A10, SnapDragon, Kirin, MediaTek Helio, Exynos, etc) is RISC vs AMD/Intel is x86-64... Different Architectures, OS X (macOS) wouldn't run on the A10 processor. Neither would any of the applications. 

If I remember correctly the Intel HD 6000 series is about a Nvidia 650. 

That's not how it works... you don't stick a cpu from a mobile to  a computer, physically and theoretically impossible

Why would you put an apple cpu that can not handle a jack port

3 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Hi guys! I just had a random thought. If apple's A10 processor is really fast and good, why don't we just stick a few of them on a mac? Like, they're very power efficient and don't kick off much heat. I think a few of them could potentially outperform the new mac. Also, same goes for windows. Make it so that people can stick a few exynos processors. My S7 edge uses exynos octa 8890, and I think a few of them can be used to create a 24-40 core pc for low cost and power consumption. I think also sticking a few heatsinks will help.

P. S. How good is the intel hd graphics 6000 1536 mb compared to desktop gpus? What gpus have similar perf as the hd graphics 6000? Thanks!

The programs on mobile devices have to be coded for the A10. Same on desktop. Problem is if you want, i.e. Photoshop: Adobe has to code for the A10 specifically.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Oh, no make a mobo that's pre-built with all the processors. 

pre built mobo what?

Oh, ok. I guess we won't be seeing mobile processor macs. How does raspberry pi work then? It doesn't look like it has any of those high end processor, looks a bit like a mobile processor but people are stacking them to make low-cost servers.

Still doesn't work that way - you'd have to get an operating system (Linux, for example) that can run on ARM, plus applications that are also compiled to run on ARM.

ARM is the architecture of the mobile processors, x86-64 is the architecture of the desktop processors. They are not interchangable. Code compile for one cannot run on the other. Some source code can be written to compile for either architecture, but the compiled binaries themselves will only work on one or the other.

Raspberry Pi works because it uses an ARM chip, but the operating systems and programs that people run on it are compiled for ARM.

4 minutes ago, VAkena said:

Well, they are mobile CPUs... I don't think they can equate to full desktop CPUs (higher-end ones at least) without some compromise in performance for efficiency..

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

That's not how it works... you don't stick a cpu from a mobile to  a computer, physically and theoretically impossible

Why would you put an apple cpu that can not handle a jack port

You could create a desktop powered by the A10 or the SD821 without too much issue... The hardware isn't the issue, it's the software as there isn't a desktop OS designed for RISC architecture. The closest you could probably get would be Android (RT Windows?).

10 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

pre built mobo what?

Because ARM based chips are SoCs, they're a complete package and soldered to the mobo meaning that your upgrade path beyond what you buy is non-existent. Think Ultrabooks, or any Apple Macbook (pro). 

6 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

You could create a desktop powered by the A10 or the SD821 without too much issue... The hardware isn't the issue, it's the software as there isn't a desktop OS designed for RISC architecture. The closest you could probably get would be Android (RT Windows?).

Ubuntu has an ARM version.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Ubuntu has an ARM version.....

For the Pi? 

You could use Ubuntu then... But I'm not sure what application support would be like, I'd assume it wouldn't be widespread. 

3 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

For the Pi? 

You could use Ubuntu then... But I'm not sure what application support would be like, I'd assume it wouldn't be widespread. 

For any ARM device. As long as it has the correct kernel, I could even install it on my old Transformer Prime TF 201.

PMSL

24 minutes ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Yeah but can it run Crysis?

Just now, Dabombinable said:

For any ARM device. As long as it has the correct kernel, I could even install it on my old Transformer Prime TF 201.

I'm going to have to give this a go now... BRB. 

31 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

I'm going to have to give this a go now... BRB. 

just make sure the kernel is correct. Otherwise you will have problems with it.

PMSL

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

just make sure the kernel is correct. Otherwise you will have problems with it.

Had a lot of problems, but got it running. It's... Interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Had a lot of problems, but got it running. It's... Interesting. 

Any significant performance difference?

Edit: I'm asking because I might end up doing a dual boot with Android 6.0.1 Katkiss

PMSL

10 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Any significant performance difference?

Edit: I'm asking because I might end up doing a dual boot with Android 6.0.1 Katkiss

Not really on performance, mostly from battery life... Which has vanished. 

40 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Not really on performance, mostly from battery life... Which has vanished. 

Ok. Well since its not there anyway with my tablet-might as well have a go at getting it working.

PMSL