cisco education

ilyas001

hi guys the only way for me to get the cisco ccna degrees is to follow a courses in an academy so i joined them the thing is that i already read alot about cisco and practically know most of the things but the way the cisco academie makes her courses is boring (too much reading of obvious things that says nothing) we have 4 levels and each level have many chapters so i have to passe a test for each chapter then pass a final exam to graduate from a level . now my question is . is there any guy that make free curses or famous enough so i can find them for free (no shame here anyway i can't pay for it )  pls i need a serious answer cause i need that ccna really hard  

Why would they teach a course for free? Dig up some free materials on google, watch some youtube videos there are plenty

there are alot of people that makes them for free a made mu comptia a+ with prof messer god blesse him with his great quality videos also there was a great ccna cisco free curses that i found what i have to problems to find is a personnel that follows his curse as levels and chapters you get it now ? there are alot of great videos but non of them follow that order that force you cisco academies to follow and i din't want to fuck up hope you help me bro 

2 minutes ago, ilyas001 said:

there are alot of people that makes them for free a made mu comptia a+ with prof messer god blesse him with his great quality videos also there was a great ccna cisco free curses that i found what i have to problems to find is a personnel that follows his curse as levels and chapters you get it now ? there are alot of great videos but non of them follow that order that force you cisco academies to follow and i din't want to fuck up hope you help me bro 

curse. you mean courses?

They take that stuff pretty seriously, all kinds of DRM on the stuff I had and your account automatically expired after a month or so.  There's a lot of free series on youtube though.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

curse. you mean courses?

hhhh sure men sorry for my english lol 

12 minutes ago, ilyas001 said:

hi guys the only way for me to get the cisco ccna degrees is to follow a courses in an academy so i joined them the thing is that i already read alot about cisco and practically know most of the things but the way the cisco academie makes her courses is boring (too much reading of obvious things that says nothing) we have 4 levels and each level have many chapters so i have to passe a test for each chapter then pass a final exam to graduate from a level . now my question is . is there any guy that make free curses or famous enough so i can find them for free (no shame here anyway i can't pay for it )  pls i need a serious answer cause i need that ccna really hard  

I don't Think to take this test you have to have any type of schooling for the CCNA  just have to find a exam place and date to sign up which costs money 

How much CCNA stuff have you done before?

If you've already done the majority then chances are you will find it kind of boring no matter what. If you have only dipped your toe a little bit then chances are you will find it more and more challenging as time goes on. I don't know how the lectures are, but while the CCNA course material might feel boring because it's a lot of text, they are actually very pedagogic and well written. Read it and read it carefully, and you will hopefully remember all of it from just one reading session.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

How much CCNA stuff have you done before?

If you've already done the majority then chances are you will find it kind of boring no matter what. If you have only dipped your toe a little bit then chances are you will find it more and more challenging as time goes on. I don't know how the lectures are, but while the CCNA course material might feel boring because it's a lot of text, they are actually very pedagogic and well written. Read it and read it carefully, and you will hopefully remember all of it from just one reading session.

the thing is that i finished the ccna courses and practically was 70% ready to passe the final test now i have to re read all from the biggening i wished that someone may have done a course in video so i just watch 15 minute video i member everything  understand what's it's all about cause i did comptia read some networking books and re educated my self with videos i don't want to do the same thing for the 4 th times over . still a keep asking do you know any one that made a simillar course to the order of the ccna academie demandes ? 

13 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

I don't Think to take this test you have to have any type of schooling for the CCNA  just have to find a exam place and date to sign up which costs money 

i'm on the academy it's the only way to passe the dame test but before i need to passe other tests and it's like a 70 page for 1 information that maybe i didn't know and the test fees are already payed 

1 hour ago, ilyas001 said:

the thing is that i finished the ccna courses and practically was 70% ready to passe the final test now i have to re read all from the biggening i wished that someone may have done a course in video so i just watch 15 minute video i member everything  understand what's it's all about cause i did comptia read some networking books and re educated my self with videos i don't want to do the same thing for the 4 th times over . still a keep asking do you know any one that made a simillar course to the order of the ccna academie demandes ? 

44 minutes ago, ilyas001 said:

hi guys find this guy it's free and good if you want to try https://www.udemy.com/introduction-to-networking-for-complete-beginners/learn/v4/overview 

thanks @Lurick as always here to help me 

Problem is the video, as it says itself, is a lead in to courses like CCNA.

The CompTIA material is simpler than CCNA is and the exams are really picky on exact syntax specifics, or was when I was studying for it, so you really do have to know your stuff and have gone through the labs properly to pass it. There is no 15 minute video that would prepare you for it, more like many many 15 minute videos but theory alone is not enough.

Don't get the certification just to have it, remember you also have to re-certify. If you want to get in to networking really learn it, get hands on and deep in to the configuration. Make sure the knowledge is truly embedded so it is actually useful to you. Passing the exam should not be the end goal, obtaining the CCNA knowledge and being able to apply is the real goal. I can honestly tell you not very many people take the fact that someone has the CCNA certification all that seriously, many have it but few keep to that standard after the exam because they never really understood it. It's much like the difference between knowledge and intelligence.

The difference between knowledge and intelligence is key here. Knowledge is the collection of skills and information a person has acquired through experience. Intelligence is the ability to apply knowledge

Knowledge is wonderful, but it fades as techniques and technologies come and go. Intelligence sustains. Its borders extend beyond any technique or technology, and that makes all the difference.

http://alistapart.com/blog/post/knowledge-vs-intelligence

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Problem is the video, as it says itself, is a lead in to courses like CCNA.

The CompTIA material is simpler than CCNA is and the exams are really picky on exact syntax specifics, or was when I was studying for it, so you really do have to know your stuff and have gone through the labs properly to pass it. There is no 15 minute video that would prepare you for it, more like many many 15 minute videos but theory alone is not enough.

Don't get the certification just to have it, remember you also have to re-certify. If you want to get in to networking really learn it, get hands on and deep in to the configuration. Make sure the knowledge is truly embedded so it is actually useful to you. Passing the exam should not be the end goal, obtaining the CCNA knowledge and being able to apply is the real goal. I can honestly tell you not very many people take the fact that someone has the CCNA certification all that seriously, many have it but few keep to that standard after the exam because they never really understood it. It's much like the difference between knowledge and intelligence.

http://alistapart.com/blog/post/knowledge-vs-intelligence

when i said 15 minutes i meant 15 min per chapter and u studied for the ccna it self no just comptia i know there is a big diffrence between the two and ccna is more diffecult i tried online tests and i was good my raison to go to that schools is that there are no cisco material around for me to train how to use it so i got stocked when i got to the configurations parts that's the only reason why i decided to get there i took my time to understand well i at least i know very well the 1 level and 2 after it dependent's i was in need of practice that's why i signed in in the first place hope this clarify i little better for you thanks for replay  

Why are you even doing a CCNA at a school? Just read the book by Todd Lammle, then fiddle with cisco packet tracer for an hour or two, and your good to go.

Having taught a CCNA course myself I would suggest a few things. If you want to get CCNA and are fairly familiar with the material then do the following:

1.)Get some books. I suggest the following:

CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Deluxe Study Guide: Exam 100-105, Exam 200-105, Exam 200-125, 2nd Edition by Todd Lammle

OR

CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide: Exam 100-105, Exam 200-105, Exam 200-125, 2nd Edition by Todd Lammle

(from http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-610847.html?sort=DATE&sortDirection=DESC

Todd Lammle is actually READABLE, engaging and interesting and writes as if he were talking to you directly. 

and for reference (or a sleep aid) I would suggest:

CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Official Cert Guide Library

from ciscopress (http://www.ciscopress.com/store/ccna-routing-and-switching-200-125-official-cert-guide-9781587205811)

and 

CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=9781587204302

This will give you a great start.

2.)To practice you can use the simulators provided by Cisco Press or Sybex (Paid or Free). OR you can use GNS3 which is free (https://www.gns3.com/), but you will need IOS (or PIX/ASA OS) images and a little bit of compute power. You can find IOS images on the internet if you look in the right places

In my CCNA classes that I taught I did mention GNS3 for practice. In the university courses I took for CCNP we used GNS3 exclusively for Router emulations. (Why the HELL is anyone STILL using IS-IS routing protocol?!?!?)

GNS3 is great for building your own virtual routing/firewalling network and can directly interface with "real" switches or routers (I had 3 7200vxr routers being emulated on one linux server with an AMD sempron single core processor and 2 gig of ram)

Unfortunately there was no switching emulation available at the time on GNS3 and I believe that switch emulation is still not supported

3.) get some note cards, a hole punch, a binder ring and a pen and make LOTS of your own flash cards. Especially IOS commands or command sequences. practice test questions, section review questions etc.

4.) Study your flash cards religiously

11 minutes ago, Blake said:

Why are you even doing a CCNA at a school? Just read the book by Todd Lammle, then fiddle with cisco packet tracer for an hour or two, and your good to go.

read my last post i don't have cisco equipment to train on and it's just a little more expensif then the test alone itself it will cost 400 dollars the hole thing aganist more then 200 dollars for the test alone why miss such an opportunity don't you agree 

Just now, ilyas001 said:

read my last post i don't have cisco equipment to train on and it's just a little more expensif then the test alone itself it will cost 400 dollars the hole thing aganist more then 200 dollars for the test alone why miss such an opportunity don't you agree 

the test is $150 each for ICDN1 and ICDN2. so $300 total.

CCNA is not a high level cert, you shouldn't need to go to school to get it. And there is nothing cheaper then self taught.

3 minutes ago, ilyas001 said:

Cisco Packet Tracer is a software application that emulates the core functions of Cisco switches and routers that is required for CCNA, that whole reason Packet Tracer exists is for CCNA.

It allows you create virtual networks and connect them together with switches and routers etc, it's an awesome tool.

14 minutes ago, Brightglaive said:

Having taught a CCNA course myself I would suggest a few things. If you want to get CCNA and are fairly familiar with the material then do the following:

1.)Get some books. I suggest the following:

CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Deluxe Study Guide: Exam 100-105, Exam 200-105, Exam 200-125, 2nd Edition by Todd Lammle

OR

CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide: Exam 100-105, Exam 200-105, Exam 200-125, 2nd Edition by Todd Lammle

(from http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-610847.html?sort=DATE&sortDirection=DESC

Todd Lammle is actually READABLE, engaging and interesting and writes as if he were talking to you directly. 

and for reference (or a sleep aid) I would suggest:

CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Official Cert Guide Library

from ciscopress (http://www.ciscopress.com/store/ccna-routing-and-switching-200-125-official-cert-guide-9781587205811)

and 

CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=9781587204302

This will give you a great start.

2.)To practice you can use the simulators provided by Cisco Press or Sybex (Paid or Free). OR you can use GNS3 which is free (https://www.gns3.com/), but you will need IOS (or PIX/ASA OS) images and a little bit of compute power. You can find IOS images on the internet if you look in the right places

In my CCNA classes that I taught I did mention GNS3 for practice. In the university courses I took for CCNP we used GNS3 exclusively for Router emulations. (Why the HELL is anyone STILL using IS-IS routing protocol?!?!?)

GNS3 is great for building your own virtual routing/firewalling network and can directly interface with "real" switches or routers (I had 3 7200vxr routers being emulated on one linux server with an AMD sempron single core processor and 2 gig of ram)

Unfortunately there was no switching emulation available at the time on GNS3 and I believe that switch emulation is still not supported

3.) get some note cards, a hole punch, a binder ring and a pen and make LOTS of your own flash cards. Especially IOS commands or command sequences. practice test questions, section review questions etc.

4.) Study your flash cards religiously

thanks mate but i already read books and watched videos i got stock with the commandes because i couldn't train alone cause i had not equipment for it in the first place and i live in north africa i'm the only one wanting this degree there is nobody else to help or team up with   it's just that the schools system is different a little from the books and videos one so i'm only searching here for a guy that makes videos or resume following that exact system used by cisco schools 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Cisco Packet Tracer is a software application that emulates the core functions of Cisco switches and routers that is required for CCNA, that whole reason Packet Tracer exists is for CCNA.

It allows you create virtual networks and connect them together with switches and routers etc, it's an awesome tool.

yeah they gave it to me in the school but can it also emulate the routers and material them selfs to try to train with the configuration commandes because i nthe videos they were using mostly cmd that's why i stoped there are no cisco routers around  

yeah they gave it to me in the school but can it also emulate the routers and material them selfs to try to train with the configuration commandes because i nthe videos they were using mostly cmd that's why i stoped there are no cisco routers around  

Packet Tracer lets you configure the switches and routers using command line, there is literally nothing in the CCNA course that cannot be be done in Packet Tracer.

you run cisco packet tracer in windows... not on cisco equipment...

It sounds like you already have every thing you need. For CCNA, you don't even need to touch a cisco router/switch.

well it is not that simple. YOU DO NEED some academic, hands on knowledge and reading tutorials, books and watching videos wont get you that far. Right now Im getting my BA in computer engineering and networking. I have taken  4 courses about networking and Im still missing 2 just to get my degree. Packet tracer is like really basic, eNSP is like the low-middle ground of networking. The good  stuff begins with virtual machines,voip and networks. The real deal is working in a data center or network center with actual routers, switches, AP and so on.
Since you say that you dont have access to actual cisco routers , set up a virtual box with several pcs, switches and routers. Practice many network configurations and learn as much as you possibly can, especially the commands.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

7 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

well it is not that simple. YOU DO NEED some academic, hands on knowledge and reading tutorials, books and watching videos wont get you that far. Right now Im getting my BA in computer engineering and networking. I have taken  4 courses about networking and Im still missing 2 just to get my degree. Packet tracer is like really basic, eNSP is like the low-middle ground of networking. The good  stuff begins with virtual machines,voip and networks. The real deal is working in a data center or network center with actual routers, switches, AP and so on.
Since you say that you dont have access to actual cisco routers , set up a virtual box with several pcs, switches and routers. Practice many network configurations and learn as much as you possibly can, especially the commands.

Yep like most things to do with education, it doesn't mean much until you actually go out and do it where you find out not everything is perfect or by the book :P.

Packet Tracer is very basic yep, but then if all you need is something to learn on for CCNA it does the job. CCNA is rather basic too in a sense, it covers a hell of a lot but it's all fundamental stuff and extremely important. Not having done something like CCNA is like driving a manual car solo without ever having taken any lessons lol.

How far does the courses your doing cover btw? 

P.S. When I did CCNA they were still covering Frame Relay and Serial links.