Good upgrades or nah

Hey guys, im planning on upgrading the parts in my laptop and i was wondering how much performance difference i will see. (All parts are compatible, yes cpu is replacable, ive done all the research.) But im upgrading from a 1.7 ghz duel core celeron to a 2.3 ghz duel core i3 with hyper-threading, replacing the screen, (same res but better quality.) And going from a 250 gb 7200 rpm hard drive with windows 10 to an samsung 120 gb 750 evo ssd. Any thoughts?

While its gonna be faster that's for sure

But your still missing that new GTX 1080 in laptop trend dude...

1 minute ago, SoloRaptonic said:

Hey guys, im planning on upgrading the parts in my laptop and i was wondering how much performance difference i will see. (All parts are compatible, yes cpu is replacable, ive done all the research.) But im upgrading from a 1.7 ghz duel core celeron to a 2.3 ghz duel core i3 with hyper-threading, replacing the screen, (same res but better quality.) And going from a 250 gb 7200 rpm hard drive with windows 10 to an samsung 120 gb 750 evo ssd. Any thoughts?

Oof. Half the storage? Not the best idea, I'd go with something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820228142&cm_re=ocz-_-20-228-142-_-Product

Just now, keNNySOC said:

While its gonna be faster that's for sure

But your still missing that new GTX 1080 in laptop trend dude...

Well considering im doing this for basic use and for $120 vs the $1000 i would have to hash out for the gaming laptop. Beside, i already have a 1070 in my desktop

1 minute ago, WSADKeysGaming said:

Oof. Half the storage? Not the best idea, I'd go with something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820228142&cm_re=ocz-_-20-228-142-_-Product

I dont do much on the laptop. I have everything installed that i plan to use and its only taken up 50 gb. And it has sd expansion so the ssd was good for the price

1 minute ago, SoloRaptonic said:

Well considering im doing this for basic use and for $120 vs the $1000 i would have to hash out for the gaming laptop. Beside, i already have a 1070 in my desktop

Pfffffffffff, we need that GTX 1080 SLI in laptop POWAAAAAAAAAAH !!!

Just now, SoloRaptonic said:

I dont do much on the laptop. I have everything installed that i plan to use and its only taken up 50 gb. And it has sd expansion so the ssd was good for the price

Otherwise than that, i think those upgrades are sound.

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Pfffffffffff, we need that GTX 1080 SLI in laptop POWAAAAAAAAAAH !!!

POWAAAAAAAAAAH is what your gonna need when u turn that sob on and watch the battery life drain xD

Just now, SoloRaptonic said:

POWAAAAAAAAAAH is what your gonna need when u turn that sob on and watch the battery life drain xD

It's ok tho, ill connect 10 power bricks and its all gonna be good !