which ssd from the list?

Mr Fister

hi guys im buying a second hand SSD- one is a SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB and the other is INTEL 530 240 gb. im buying those 2 and my question is which one i should get for my laptop and the other for my sisters laptop? (which is better?)

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

I got a 840 EVO so i vote for that ofc it depends on the age and hours used of the two drives.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

I'm not sure why you're rambling about second hand SSD. From what I saw on the LTT Channel, you'd need to write many many times the entire capacity of the SSD before it goes "bananas". 

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I'm not sure why you're rambling about second hand SSD. From what I saw on the LTT Channel, you'd need to write many many times the entire capacity of the SSD before it goes "bananas". 

so its ok to buy a second hand one. in addition hows the 530 intel performance?

Overall in daily normal use the 840 is a bit better, but they are performing similar. But whats the cost? You can also look at the new samsung 750, they are budget SSD but with better performance then those.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, Gonio said:

Overall in daily normal use the 840 is a bit better, but they are performing similar. But whats the cost? You can also look at the new samsung 750, they are budget SSD but with better performance then those.

well im going to plug it to a SATA 2 port so it dosnt really matter which one is faster il get from all the same speed right? (250mb of read and write speed)

in addition the 750 ssd will cost me 75$ instead of 65-55$ (price for 840 and intel 530 ssd-second hand)

Well your pick ofcourse, but one day you might go to a mobo with sata 3 ports.

Your money ofcourse, but for myself would say that the price then for a new SSD would be worth it. Better future performance and 3 years warranty. But your choice mon.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list