Suggestions on upgrades for my PC

Hi,

I am posting in hope of receiving suggestions on upgrades for my PC. This is my PC in it's current state:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TVBkJV

So far I have thought of upgrading my CPU to a Skylake (which means new motherboard), DDR4 RAM and possibly a second GTX 970. My budget is $700 AUD and I will be playing games like Counter Strike Global Offensive, Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Cities Skylines, Rust, XCOM 2, GTA V and both the new Tomb Raiders. I would hope to be able to run these games as close to 60FPS at 1080p as possible. In the future I am also looking to upgrade to a 4k Monitor if that helps.

Thanks,

naths4

Best upgrade ATM would be a SSD (240GB or more would be my suggestion) and then wait until the next gen of CPU's are released before you make the big upgrade

4 minutes ago, FurbyByte said:

Best upgrade ATM would be a SSD (240GB or more would be my suggestion) and then wait until the next gen of CPU's are released before you make the big upgrade

I never felt like I needed an SSD (I don't mind the wait) but will it improve game performance much?

15 minutes ago, naths4 said:

I never felt like I needed an SSD (I don't mind the wait) but will it improve game performance much?

no improvements to games but much better load times e.g. booting up your computer will take seconds (probably around 20 - 30) instead of minutes. I felt much the same as you before I got one but now I cannot live without one.

2 minutes ago, begadelavela said:

go for i5 6600k if u want and then pick 8gb ram ddr4 and some decent z170 mbo. 

Was thinking of something similar, should I wait for Kaby Lake or just go for Skylake

1 minute ago, naths4 said:

Was thinking of something similar, should I wait for Kaby Lake or just go for Skylake

Your pick 

i'd buy a 240 GB SSD and wait to like Q2 or Q3 next year when you have the comparison of Zen and Kaby Lake

PC: CPU:Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5   Motherboard:Asus E3 Pro Gaming v5   GPU: Sapphire RX480 

Surface Pro 3 258GB;  8GB RAM